Brushing Teeth For 3 Minutes

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Blossom • May 19, 2013.

1. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    I saw a video of a dentist saying that if we brush our teeth for three minutes a day, we'll only have to brush once a day. Well, I tried it and it really does work wonders. He recommended doing it at night, but I can't imagine not brushing in the mornings before leaving home. However, teeth feel absolutely amazing. After a few days, you'll find that your "morning breath" is not quite as bad. I've recommended it to some friends and family and the ones who tried it have gotten amazing results as well. Sometimes, my mouth feels so clean that I don't want to eat anything for awhile. When you start, it actually seems that 3 minutes is a long time, but after experiencing the results, you'll find it is definitely worth it.

2. Soliloquy

SoliloquyMember

Threads:
    I thought the point was to brush after every meal, not for a long time once a day? It just makes sense to me that you wouldn't want those food particles on your teeth all day.

3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Well, i would imagine that if you wash them everyday, you end up harming your teeth more than cleaning them.
    And i always brush them for at least 5 minutes, mostly because i read while brushing, so time passes really quickly.

4. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! 5 minutes? I thought 3 minutes was long. I'm usually watching the timer saying, "Gosh, 3 minutes is not up yet?" Do you use a timer while you brush?

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'll try this tip later before going to sleep. Whenever I use mouthwash after brushing, when I wake up in the morning my mouth feels clean too, so let's see if I'll experience the same effect when I brush for 3 minutes.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the most important part is making sure everything is out from between your teeth and gums. You could brush forever and still miss a lot, so I don't think it's harmful to not brush after every meal (it could be more damaging since after a lot of foods our enamel softens.. not good to brush then), as long as you continue to floss after meals or at the very least swish something around in there to dislodge any debris.

7. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I usually brush for a minute lol. I feel like I can do a better job, but everytime I tell myself no, and that I don't have the time. I might try again for 3 minutes since you got results, but I'd like to ask, has anyone else tried this before? Did it work for you?

8. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    I find that people say all sorts of different things about this. When I was growing up, my dentist always said to brush twice a day when I wake up and when I go to sleep. Two minutes each time. A lot of my friends in another country tell me that their dentist says to brush after each meal.

9. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to only brush my teeth once a day in the evening. Yes, there are also those times when I will also brush my teeth in the mornings. When I was growing up I was of course told like others that we should brush after every meal. But who has the time to do so. Also, I have heard about brushing your teeth for a few minutes. I have seen commercials that recommend that kids brush their teeth for at least two minutes to promote healthy hygiene. I guess in the case of adults the time was raised another minute.