Brushing Your Teeth With Bar Soap Is Way Better Than Using Toothpaste

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Denis Hard • Aug 16, 2014.

1. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    I'd opt with kids toothpaste instead of adult toothpaste if people are afraid of too much fluoride. I don't think soap will be better than toothpaste that was formulated specifically for teeth. I think you shouldn't believe everything on the Internet. People are now being too forward with trying to prove how gullible people are.

2. Rossalin

RossalinNew Member

Threads:
    Is it real?? But it may have awkward taste and affect badly.

3. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    This is the first time I've heard of this and i cringe just thinking about it. Whatever advantages soap has over toothpaste, I'm just going to dismiss all of that and stick to my regular toothpaste.

4. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    Girst i heard of using a bar of soap for teeth. How doed a person keep from gagging while tastong soap? And what about the whitening of teeth? I think i will stick with toothpaste.

5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think baking soda would be better. It would probably end up being cheaper too, unless you're using extremely cheap bar soap. Still, you would need a separate bar for brushing teeth, since you wouldn't want to use one that everyone else has been touching for your mouth. Even if you live alone, you wash your hands with the soap and probably bathe with it too, so you couldn't use that bar for brushing your teeth.

Besides that, I don't think I could stand the taste. I'd also have to know what was in my soap of choice before even considering such a thing. I think I'll stick to toothpaste (buy it on sale) or baking soda, but thanks for the info.

6. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well you could tell me that one thousand times and back it up with every study that there is, and I am pretty sure that I would still not do it. I do not think that I could get over the idea, and I would psyche myself out too much to go through with it. I cannot even take pills without almost gagging, so this would not go over well with me.

7. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    Well I must say this all sounds very strange to me. I did not even know that bar soap was allowed to enter one's mouth, I thought it was only for external use. I do know that baking soda mixed with salt is very good for cleaning teeth and I have used this on occasions when there was no toothpaste in the house. I think I will stick with my toothpaste or baking soda if the need arises. I believe that bar soap was made for cleansing one's skin and toothpaste was made specifically for cleaning one's teeth.

8. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still remember getting my mouth washed out with soap a time or two when I said something bad as a child, it was a horrible taste ! !
    However, if I were not having it scrubbed onto my tongue, and just brushing my teeth, then it might not be so bad. I know that most of the fluoride toothpaste is bad, and I have been using things like baking soda or just toothpaste with no extra ingredients and fluoride,
    Apparently , this Dr. Judd is a well-known and respected dentist; so he does know what he is talking about.
    I have also read about using diatomaceous earth for brushing your teeth, and that is suposed to also add some minerals back into your teeth, so that sounds like it might be a good idea, too.

9. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    First time I hear about that! Is soap safe to put in our mouth though? I guess it depends on the soap type we are using, I might give it a try and see how it goes.