Bubblews.com a scam?

Discussion in Scams = To Good To Be True started by maxparker0 • Sep 9, 2014.

1. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    There's a site called bubblews.com where you make posts and you get money on the basis of the views, likes and comments your posts get. I tried it and then saw many where saying it was a scam. I left it and did not wait for minimum withdrawal as I thought it wasnt worth my time. Has anybody here used it? Is it a scam? Does it pay?

2. conm17

conm17New Member

Threads:
    Bubblews is far from a scam, it has been around a while and many use it. I also have friends that use it and they withdraw every so often and have had some of their posts featured on the front page.

I used Bubblews myself, but couldn't get into it as I hardly could think of subjects to write and the payout isn't as good as other websites. The people saying it is a scam are usually the people that are frustrated that their posts are getting no likes or comments and coincidentally they are earning next to nothing.

Bubblews comes highly recommended by many people and has been frequently mentioned on the MoneySavingExpert website, by users and administrators.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, the site has been out for a a couple of years. Has it been out for more than 5 years???? NO! It's still a very young site. And I could say that it is a SCAM for some people. Why? Because they don't pay some people when they reach the minimum cash out. Why do I know this? Because I am one of those people who have not been paid.

I requested for a $25 payout yet I didn't receive a single cent. They didn't even inform me why they didn't give me my money! They are getting lots of content from different people because people hope that they would get paid in return for their efforts. It's like being employed but not being given a salary. Would you like to work for a company like that?

They do pay others but that's because they want others to let the word out for their site. However, there are a lot of people who they don't pay. That makes them a scam.

4. EvanCross19

EvanCross19Member

Threads:
    I can vouch for this. I started writing for Bubblews back in May of 2012. They paid me every time for a long time and I was earning around $25 a day. Then one day they just stopped paying me. I tried to find out why and was just given the run around. The staff was very rude and a lot of others had not been being paid even longer than I was. So I told them to delete my account and let me start over. It was a bad idea because my old account had hundreds of articles on it that had been earning me a passive income. Now I don't have the following that I once had or the articles to bring in the views. I still write for Bubblews on occasion, but I do it just to get things off my chest or for practice. I haven't reached their new $50 cash out minimum on my new account yet, so who knows if they will pay me or not when I do. Earning there is very slow and inconsistent. I don't like wasting my time there to earn, but if you just want a place to write and make some friends, then go for it. Calling it a scam is the most accurate thing you can call it in my opinion. I followed the rules there, was very active in the community helping members and keeping up to date with staff posts, and still they just one day stopped paying me and many others. Seems like a scam to me.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd call the site semi-scammy. It pays and after some time it stops paying its members. On the old site there were lots of people who were not paid. They left. Having lost a large number of their members, the site re-invented itself as a paid social media site. But then since the old owners are the ones who are still in charge, I expect that after some time, they'll stop paying again.

Working for bubblews is like gambling — you take risks and eventually you lose.

6. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I am currently using Bubblews and am very, very close to requesting a payout. I have seen many users posting in their bio that they got paid and the date, so I do not think it is a scam. I will definitely update when I receive payment to let you all know if it's really paying. It does take a fair amount of time to build up your followers base so your posts actually get read, and then there are still slow days when there are just not many people online reading and there's nothing you can do about that but wait for a better day and keep working at it.

7. LSJ-8

LSJ-8New Member

Threads:
    Bubblews is not a scam. I does take time to earn your pennies, especially when you first get started, however I have been there January and have received every single one of my redemptions. Payments do take time to come in, though. My last redemption took 26 days to arrive in my paypal account, but since it got there, I am happy with it. The only way to know is to give a go.

8. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Strange you should say this. I've only heard good things about Bubblews from people who work online. While I personally haven't tried it, there's a whole contingent of people out there who say they site is great and can make a few decent bucks from using it.

I'd just try and get in contact with admins to get your problem fixed. I'm sure a site as popular as Bubblews would not want a lot of bad press out about there site, or they wouldn't still be in business. Perhaps you mis-read the ToS and it actually takes awhile to get paid when you request a cash-out?

9. Anya

AnyaNew Member

Threads:
    I think that it's legit. I've been paid by them, albeit only once. I stopped working after I got the first payout as it took a very long time to meet the threshold, but they did pay me. I don't know about everyone else though, and it seems that people, even in this forum, are having issues. I'd recommend you to try it out if you enjoy writing, but don't expect a large sum of money.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    They pay some members and don't pay others. I think most of those they don't pay probably made some mistakes, but since they don't even communicate with the people they refuse payment to just to clarify what they did wrong at least, makes them kind of a bit shady on my book, or at the very least unprofessional. In my opinion, that's enough of a reason for people to be justified in not patronizing their service, because you'd have to do all the work to reach the high shout amount only to be faced with a gamble on whether you'd get paid or not. They should be more upfront about it, or at least make better mechanics.

11. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    find Bubblews to be a strange one, because whilst many have claimed to have been paid by these guys, many more users have claimed that when it came time for them to cashout, their accounts were either banned or they were refused their payments, which can be frustrating. As someone who looks for decent online money making opportunities constantly, I would not invest my time in this website, because you cannot be certain that you will be paid for your hard work and effort. SO my advice would be to stay away from Bubblews.

12. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've personally used Bubblews. I even have an account there. I can't say for sure whether it's a scam. For all we know it's just an ordinary post-to-get-paid site with a long and winding earning process. I left it because it took me an awfully long time to collect the points needed to get the minimum withdrawal. I realized, the effort I put in wasn't commensurate to the pay.

13. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Update: I took a break from Bubblews due to concerns over whether they were paying or not after reading such mixed reviews about the site. When I returned to check on the status of my payout, which was a few days late, I found there was no record of my ever having made that payout request or earning those $50. I could not file a missing payment report because there was no record of the request. It is totally a scam, they just deleted this so they wouldn't have to pay and I couldn't do anything about it. I posted what happened on the site, but am otherwise done with it for good.

14. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Worried

I've started using a site very similar (almost identical, really, from what they announce) to Bubblews. It's called CGP gallery. Same principle: you post articles and get paid 0,01$ for every view/rating/comment. Minimum cashout is said to be at 20$, requiring about a month to be processed.

I was happy to see there were opportunities to get money for doing something I loved on the Internet (writing! whatever I want! for money!) and I was even considering also doing it on Bubblews for extra earnings, but I'm a bit worried by what I read here. The chances to do it all for naught. Also, it looks like it takes some time to start making money. Through followers... Now, I have to ask. Because people on CGP mentioned it's quite similar to Bubblews: it looks like a kiss-ass page. Where every body writes meaningless stuff, boring to tears and uninteresting at its core, but they comment on other people's article and they help each other out this way, effectively forming a crew of mediocre writing friends where they don't have to try to write something a little bit interesting.

For those who did the Bubblews thing: how much did you have to comment around and make friendly to grow a follower's base? Is it possible to get one from just writing interesting articles? Do you think it is worth it, if we put aside the possible issue of difficult (or nonexistent) cashouts?