Budget items for kids during the summer break?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Lostvalleyguy • Jun 4, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of things for the kids to do for the summer but often it seems we need to spend a small fortune keeping them entertained. The alternative for many parents is to turn on the TV and park them in front of it for the summer.

I suggest a new soccer ball. Something any kid can kick around and play with outdoors. This will not only provide entertainment, it will likely get your children moving and they don't need a lot of other equipment to go with it. For cheap indoor entertainment, pick up a deck of cards and a book on card games applicable to kids of the appropriate age. There are many variations of solitaire if you have only one child and plenty of hours can be spent by a group of children.

I am sure that there are a lot of good ideas out there to keep the kids entertained in the summer without breaking the budget. What is it that you do to keep them occupied and happy?

2. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    My parents used to get me legos and other building sets. They were relatively cheap and I would play with them for hours.