Budget Tablets

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Norjak71 • Jul 28, 2016.

1. Norjak71

Norjak71Member

Threads:
    Looking for a nice cheap tablet for vacation only purposes. It really won't be for anything other than just browsing the internet and checking my emails. Does anyone have any insight into this or personally own something like this? I'm not looking for anything past the $250 dollar range right now. So iPads are a bit out of my budget.

2. annacath

annacathNew Member

Threads:
    If you just for browsing or checking emails, you can use your phone. Phone can also do that. If you just need it for your vacation, I think it will not deserve. Most of tablet is cost too much.

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would suggest getting a Kindle Fire. Amazon had some on sale for under $50, and they are a quality tablet, and not just some cheap quality one.
    I have one that I got on ebay refurbished,and I use that for reading with . However, it can do just about everything that my iPad can do, if I needed it to do that.
    Since I have the iPad for everything else, it is not important to me that the Kindle is multi-function; but if I needed to take it along somewhere and not the iPad, it could do the job.

If you read much, then the Kiindle is also handy because Amazon has perks for Prime members who also have a Kindle.
    There is the lending library, where you can borrow ebooks free and read them. You can only check out one at a time, and one per month; but you can read some of the more expensive books for free by using the lending library.
    Another great feature is called "Kindle First", and each month, they offer a selectiion of new (higer priced) books that have not yet been released on Amazon, and you can choose one of them free to read.
    If you play games, Kindle also gives away an app for free every day to prime members. Not all of them are games, and you can add as many apps as you want using the daily special app.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I like the Kindle Fire as well. The basic version is about 50 bucks, but you can get an HDX for a bit more money, and it has many features that some of the advanced tablets have. It is really up to you as to what sort of tablet you can use though. I just think that it is one thing you can do, and take advatnge of when looking for special products.

5. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I just snagged a deal on 2 Amazon Kindle Fire tablets. They are tablet computers. I only paid $49 each. I am anxious to get them, they arrive tomorrow. I trust Amazon, I think they will be great tablets!! I think that price is still good if you want to check them out.

6. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    Since you say "cheap tablet for vacation only purposes," I think you can try iRULU brand. It is a Chinese Android tablet with a warehouse in the US. The tablet with dual SIM and dual camera costs less than $100. I am using tiRULU since few months and I am loving it.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard of tiRULU yet, so thanks for sharing. I only know of Ainol, it's also a Chinese brand, but it seems to be well made based on the reviews that I read. They cost less than $100 too.

8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I purchased an Allwinner Tablet from Amazon. It came from China though, so it took quite a while to arrive here in the UK - nineteen days to be exact. It cost me £30, which is very cheap. But when it arrived I saw why it was so cheap, as it wasn't all that great. It did a lot of the things that smartphone will do though, just not as well.

9. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well I would just have to say proceed with caution. I have had some negative experiences when it comes to tying to go the budget route for technologies, so I would just emphasize the importance of doing your research beforehand and reading all of the reviews that you can. I have not heard of some of these brands before though so maybe things have changed a little bit. Thanks for sharing and best of luck.

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, budgeting technology is always a risky road to go down, for sure. The cheaper a gadget is, usually it is less capable of running at a decent quality, especially when it comes to tablets, as I learned the hard way. I think the price that you would be looking to spend for a decent budget tablet is £100.

11. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    If the tablet is for simple chores like internet browsing, $250 is way too high. You can buy a refurbished one for half the cost. There are good deals on Ebay and other places. There is also a website which I came across quite some time ago that sells electronics at quite low prices. They are past editions but in top condition especially for internet access. They are called Quintatraders and you can enquire from them on how to handle the logistics of purchasing one.

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I haven't had experience with this brand personally but I have been hearing great things about the Amazon tablets. They supposedly are very cheap because Amazon wants to attract many customers for their market and the tablets are fairly good according to the comments I've been hearing and reading. If only they were available in my country I think I'd go for those to try out if ever I was in the market for budget tablets and I do the it's certainly a slightly better option than going for the Chinese brand tablets because this way you'll still at least have a big brand that will most likely not want to tarnish their name so they will work best to keep their customer satisfied.

13. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    If it's just for browsing and checking emails, you might want to check some tablets made by Samsung or Asus. I'm not quite sure since the price here might not be the same in your country. And I do buy used ones to save money. I usually buy used gadget for 40 to 50% less.

14. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I've had various tablets in the past from all different price ranges, and for me, Acer are a brand that is cheap but reliable. A lot of the budget tablets tend to be made by company's that you haven't heard of, and if they work perfectly then that isn't a problem but if something goes wrong, that's where the trouble can start with those ones.

With Acer products you at least know that your getting the support of a reasonably big company that will respond to any issues you have, and with the budget tablets starting form as low as around $100, you can't really go wrong choosing one of theirs in my opinion.

15. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    the new spending lord is Amazon. The 7in Amazon Fire costs $49.99, and it has been at a bargain for $35 and even lower a couple times. Those are insane costs for a tablet, not to mention one that has a not too bad screen, a microSD opening for including more stockpiling, and a simple to-utilize working framework.

It is anything but difficult to state you're a trick for purchasing another tablet, yet the Fire makes them stick point: it's not an Android tablet. This isn't an issue for many people, however the way that everything Google is obvious by its nonappearance is a major issue for others.

16. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of cheap tablets that you can buy like Huawei, Alcatel and Move. They all have entry-level tablets which costs only a $100. I'm just not sure about the specific model but there are. Although most of these entry-level tablets only runs with 512MB RAM or 1GB and sometimes a bit sluggish.

17. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I bought a RCA Voyager Pro, just recently and i am enjoying it. It has a 7 inch screen and also a nice size keyboard as well. It has the OTG (on the go)connections, like a micro USB port and microSD card slot. Also it has a webcam, but i have not used it yet.
    I purchased this minicomputer on Walmart.com and find it works great so far. I paid just 45 dollars,including tax and free shipping, also it comes with a one year warranty. They come in different colours as well,and I got a purple one.

#17Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2017
  18. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    A budget of $250 which is equivalent to more than P11,000.00 in our Philippine Currency is already too much. You couldn't buy only a cheap tablet but a good quality for that matter. If you are interested you may visit the Lazada, an online store which sells an affordable branded tablets. Better check it if you're only using it for a particular season.

19. haivu721vn

haivu721vnMember

Threads:
    $250 is more than enough for a good quality tablet. You could try Dell Venue 8 Pro 3000 Series ($130).
    If you want something larger, there is
    Samsung Galaxy Tab A – T580 ($200)
    They are much more than enough for internet browsing.

20. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I still think if it is only for browsing tge net and checking mails, then I would just use my smartphone. Incase you don't have I suggest Samsung Galaxy Note (whichever version you can afford). The size makes it very convinient for holding in your hands, calling, scrolling, reading and messaging.

Try it instead of a tablet. You can use it as a phone too once back from vacation.