Budgeting Apps

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Rosyrain • Jan 8, 2016.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I am looking for a daily expense and bills tracker for my cell phone, but there are like a thousand of them in the Google Play app store. Do any of you have recommendations on one that you have used and are pleased with?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Many of the apps which "everyone" thinks are the best aren't free. Nonetheless you can always find a free app which is just as good and offers as many features as those paid alternatives. One I've used and liked is GNUcash. Like any other budgeting software it allows you to track income and expenses. It's on Googleplay. Find it, take a look at the reviews and find out for yourself if it's good.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have tried using budgeting apps, and in theory they sound amazing to me. My fiancee, who is extremely focused financially and organized, uses one and he puts on his app even what he has on his wallet, up to cents! I think that is way too extreme, but I'm the extreme opposite. I tried keeping track of only my bank accounts and must say it is not something I'm good at. These apps help, but they only work if you diligently add the information, which I don't. So they end up not doing anything for me.

4. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I tried a couple of the free ones that are on the app stores websites and was not impressed with them at all. I think I am going to break down and purchase one. I want an app that has all of the bells and whistles so I can get a realistic look at where the money comes from and goes. It needs to be very user friendly.

5. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    This app is free but you need the software to download it which is normally $60.00 but you can try it for free for '34 days' (odd number to advertise) and it says you can get it for $6.00 but I haven't tried it yet:

Its called, 'YNAB' (You Need A Budget) and got 4.5 stars for the 2015 App Review Guide.

6. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the information, I will do a little research on it. You are right, that is an odd amount of days to advertise a free trial of a product. I am desperate to a solution for budgeting that does not include writing something down on actual paper because I often forget to do it, or get to lazy. I would have much more success if I could just click on an app and do updates right after I make a purchase.

7. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I would recommend the following apps:

1. Cash Droid
    2. Financisto
    3. Mint Personal Finance
    4. Monefy
    5. Moneywise

Good luck and I hope this helps!

8. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have not used very many budget apps. Lord knows I should. I have used the Mint app and I liked it. You can link all your accounts to it and it sends you notifications when you have bills due and notifications about the balances in your bank accounts. I liked it but I am bad about following budgets and then just forget about the app.