Buffet Or Fast Food Restaurants?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by kamai • Nov 20, 2016.

1. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    When I see a promotion at a buffet I don't think twice to go, if I have the money that is. I prefer buffets over fast food restaurants any day if only they didn't cost too much. I love when there is a large variety of food to chose from, if I don't like one thing I can always try another, plus we also get dessert.

2. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    I don't go out to eat a lot, I really prefer sit down restaurant to a fast food or buffet. Nothing wrong with buffet at all just when I was a kid the only place we would eat out ever was golden corral, so I just don't do buffets very often now. They do have a good selection though which is always a plus. However i find if we do go eat out (at any restaurant) I try to go when they have specials (like 1/2 price burgers, etc.) or I have a coupon. I also have found ma and pop type restaurants are usually cheaper and have tastier food where I live, we have a place the purple burrito and they have awesome HUGE burritos, all fresh and are 7 bucks me and my husband can split one and get super full. So I think that buffets are great for families because it gives selection, but I also suggest looking for more "mom and pop" type restaurants sometimes you can find really good food for a better price.

3. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    For us, actually it depends on the occasions and the number of people. When the group is large, we prefer buffet as people can eat to their heart's content in a fixed price.

Fast food restaurants are hopped when there's a casual outing. We're more frequenter to fast food joints in comparison to any other.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Buffets are normally too expensive compared to fastfood but the kind and quality of food is far superior. However for me, I prefer fastfood because it is cheap and affordable by my budget. Besides, I am not a heavy eater so I avoid buffets. Honestly, my buffet experience for this year were only due to invitations of relatives and friends.

5. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I would prefer a fast food restaurant to a buffet. When I want to have a full meal, I usually go home to prepare it. Am cognizant of the fact that fast food restaurants can have addictive food which can have a cost implication in the long run. But a cup or two of tea is enough for me any day.

6. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't frequent buffet restaurants even if it's within the budget simply because I avoid eating too much. In buffet, one eats a lot just to make their payment worth it. I would still go with a la carte orders.

7. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    When I have the money and the deal is decent, I do go for a buffet meal. I like buffets because they don't only serve one kind of food. Most fast food restaurants only serve fries and burgers, tacos and burritos, and chicken depending on the fast food chain. With a buffet, you have the freedom to combine all types of food to create your own with a much larger variety of food. Drinks are usually refillable too unlike fast food restaurants.

8. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Actually, sometimes the cost of a buffet can be affordable. For instance, in the US, the KFC buffet seems to be at most of their restaurants. For around 9 USD, you can pretty much eat all you want. Compare that to paying 5 dollars for only a small portion of certain items. Note, the KFC buffet is also cheaper than other buffets and you don't have to pay a tip, plus the fact it's often a few dollars cheaper. However, I would advise paying tips at regular buffets cause that's a large portion of what the waitstaff make.

Anyhow, another upside to a buffet might be the many nutritious foods one can pick. Nonetheless, just cause they're available doesn't mean people will choose them.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We got a buffet place $10 all you can eat, but you got to finish every last bit of food you take on your plate. It's so delicious, but it's only worth it if you're a big eater. Buffets are good for you can choose what you want and as much as you want, but if you're a small eater, you're just wasting your money. I like a great deal on take out meals, so I watch for bargains from tv or go surfing online for deals of the month sort of thing when I want to eat out. I go strictly for the price mostly when it comes to dining out.