Buffet Vs Ala Carte For Light Eaters

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Alexandoy • May 10, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you are a light eater like me, think twice before indulging in a buffet restaurant. We were invited to a birthday celebration the other night which was held at a buffet restaurant. All the guests were enjoying the sumptuous dishes on the long table that numbered more than 50 not to count the dessert and the drinks. I got a second helping that I almost didn’t finish. Oh well, buffet is not for me. That makes me think that if I would pay for my buffet then it’s better to order a la carte since that would be cheaper.

2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    If it's something exclusively for light eaters, I think the "Ala Carte" is definitely the best option. Even if the buffet is only made up of healthy foods, there may still be excess (which would be harmful in the same way).

3. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer buffet meals because I have a huge appetite, so the cost would well be worth it for me. Ala carte is cheaper and it would suit me if I'm on a budget as well and I don't want to splurge on buffet meals.

4. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I am blessed with a fast metabolism so I really enjoy the all you can eat services because I can eat beyond the money I paid for. Light eaters can just go for a value meal if they want to save money. Or they can also settle with free samples.

5. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    One way to prepare for a buffet, so you get the best deal, is to avoid eating a lot on the day the buffet is scheduled. In that case, you will be hungry enough to pig out. Anyway, I normally don't have to do that, though. I can always handle a buffet, no matter what I had eaten that day.