Buffets?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by gmckee1985 • Oct 28, 2014.

1. Mike Rizzuto

Mike RizzutoNew Member

Threads:
    To be honest I don't like buffets I mean someone could just sneeze and it could just go all over the room I really like to order my food fresh off the frying pan and oven and even the grill.

2. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    One of the major chain buffets I go to here is a Ryan's and my favorite part is their grill. You can get made to order meat straight off the grill.

3. Mike Rizzuto

Mike RizzutoNew Member

Threads:
    Sounds good I'm gonna go to Ryan's I've never been but now it sounds real good in fact I had a recommendation to go there one time I am definitely going to try their food. Thanks for the info.

4. SarahWorksAtHome

Threads:
    You are incredibly welcome. They are a nationwide chain.
    I do believe they go by other names in some regions. Fire Mountain Grill maybe? And some other name. The boss man of the company was featured on the show Undercover Boss recently. It was a great episode.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lol!! Awwww, I am so sorry that you have been having a sucky day. But I am entirely too glad to be of some service to you, and at least make you laugh with that comment. Have you never herd of people doing this before? It is a common buffet technique amongst weed smokers lol. Get the most of your money.

6. E.Mil

E.MilMember

Threads:
    My favorite thing about Golden Corral is there rolls. I've never liked Ryans and there is also only one Furr's buffet that I like also. I recently stayed in Vegas at The Orleans hotel and they had a good buffet with some good food.

7. SarahWorksAtHome

Threads:
    Golden Corral Rolls!!! OMG.
    Yum.
    I get plagued with bad headaches and have pretty much all my life. When I was a teenager we lived about two miles from a Golden Corral and whenever I was getting a headache my dad would go grab me a to-go box of hot rolls from there and bring them home to me. Eating one warm one and taking a short nap would ease a headache right off! Crazy, huh? They are so good, though!

8. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I love eating in the buffet restaurant. Aside from the affordable price, the food are usually great. My family love this Chinese buffet near our house, sometimes if we are so busy and can't cook in the house, we will just go there to eat. The price is very cheap but the food are really delicious.

9. SarahWorksAtHome

Threads:
    I LOVE Chinese buffets but cannot eat there often because even though it isn't usually as expensive as other buffets, it still isn't very cost-effective for me personally. Chinese food tends to make me very full and bloated very quickly so I do not get to eat as much there and end up paying more than I would for another meal. I will sometimes go and get it to-go.

10. azeemah kaleem

azeemah kaleemMember

Threads:
    I use to like buffet style restaurants, but now, I tend to stay clear of them. Most of the food doesn't taste that good to me, and it usually be too crowded when I have went. True, the prices are good, but the quality just isn't there to me.

11. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    Nope. Usually hear (and seen) of hitting the mini mart beforehand and stocking up on chips. LOLOL But, I made the comment to my partner and he laughed and his eye kind of glinted. I don't know if that was memories to him. LOLOLOL

12. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    I usually don't like buffets that much because they tend to have a lot of food I don't like. It really depends on the buffets, but over 75% of the times I have tried them I was disappointed and I would be better off with a simple dish.

13. PupLove

PupLoveNew Member

Threads:
    As a kid growing up, we constantly went to buffets. With my mom being alone raising 3 growing kids and working full-time, I remember her always saying how "cheap" they are. As an adult, the only buffets I have eaten at are parties or event type things. Going to a buffet has always felt dirty to me...Hundreds of strangers reaching over and grabbing the food just seems unsanitary!

14. Noril Salvo

Noril SalvoNew Member

Threads:
    That's the disappointing truth. You might have plenty of food on the table but the quality of what you're eating is what suffers. The last buffet I attended was ok, had a decent pig out but I should say the food that wolfed down was so-so.

15. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    Our buffets here are very clean and fresh and it costs a fortune to go to one. We usually do this when we have a big party and we all want starters, mains and desserts which gives us a good option and everyone at the table can find what they want.

16. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like buffets especially if they are well tended. What I ahve noticed is sometimes the food in buffets can go untended for awhile and dry out undre heat lamps. Also the popular items get emptied quite a bit and you have to wait for the staff to refill them. Good luck with the crab legs! These always seem to be popular items at buffets.

17. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    I love going to buffets, there are so many food choices, and I am able to get my money worth. I love going to China Inn, the food is always fresh and hot. I like that I can go Chinese or American. The only con is that the dessert choices could be better. Also I believe eating at buffets saves money.

18. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not overly fond of them, to be honest. I've yet to find a "good" buffet in my area. I much prefer the taste of food made straight from the kitchen. It's just a lot tastier and more worthwhile, in my opinion.

19. Kathryn M.

Kathryn M.New Member

Threads:
    Growing up, my grandma always made the entire family go out to eat at the buffet every Sunday after church. It was fun at first. As a kid, my cousins and I could fill up on as much ice cream and soda as possible, then grab some bread rolls and hide them in our jackets on the way out to eat at home later.

After awhile it started to get boring though. The food was always the same and we would always go to the same exact restaurant every week. My grandma never let us go anywhere else. It always had to be the buffet because it was cheap.

Now as an adult, I do not go to buffets. I think I have been scarred for life since I went every week for years and years as a child.

20. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    Chinese buffets are great. Typically, if I find an exceptionally good one, I will develop a strong loyalty towards it. That way, I know I'll get quality food every time. I hardly go to buffets anyway - maybe once or twice a year. So it takes awhile to get sick of the food.