Bug Patch

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by kana_marie • Apr 26, 2015.

1. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    They have come out with a "bug patch". It's a transdermal patch that prevents bug bites. They claim its all natural. But I can't seem to get comfortable with the idea of allowing bug repellent to be absorbed into my skin. A lot of things are all natural but will still kill you. Would anyone be willing to try this product?

2. kristin

kristinNew Member

Threads:
    I would not take it. It says that the way it works is by supplying vitamin B to your blood via the skin. It would be so much quicker to supply it to one's bloodstream by swallowing a vitamin B pill. Toxins and chemicals are something that concerns me greatly so I would pass on this product.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hmm it sounds like that transdermal contraceptive patch.However, with this one i'm a little meh. I wouldn't feel safe at all using it. I have a stash of things that I use that seem to work just fine, so I'd just stick with those.

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Eek, I don't like the sound of that at all. Keeping blood-sucking parasites away by...absorbing something into your bloodstream seems a little crazy and I'm sure that there are plenty of perfectly natural and equally effective alternatives available.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with the other post, I would not use this patch. You never know what the side effects could be. There are enough other things that can be used to help keep the bugs away from you during the summer, allowing you to enjoy your summer.

6. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    Besides the safety concerns with absorbing bug repellent into your skin, this just seems unnecessary for most people. Unless you work outside all day, I can't see how this would benefit you. I am from an area where the bugs come out heavily in the summer and I all it takes is a bit of bug spray or a citronella candle. The money you would save by using this bug patch seems like it wouldn't be worth it at all.