Built-in GPS

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Peninha • Mar 21, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think that built-in GPS is a good deal for us consumers because the software is always being outdated and we need to pay for the update. Would you go for a built-in GPS or you prefer an external one, what do you think it cheaper?

2. canoe

canoeMember

Threads:
    I think these days, it's better to simply use your phone since google maps has become so advanced. You should make sure though, that the gps in your phone is an actual gps that can work on its own. Some phone have gpses that cheat by requiring the help of a wifi to grab its location. I guess if you're concerned about running out of data on your phone it can be worth buying a actual gps kit though.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to agree, I personally don't have one, but I've seen quite a few and simply the phone and a support and you're ready to go, you can get updates for free or way cheaper. My wife's GPS has exactly that problem, we need to pay wifi if we want to access, what sense does that make??

4. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I am guessing that that will be a less popular feature within the next couple of years. I don't know about you, but I use my phone GPS all of the time. To me, it's convenient because I can use it in my car or anyone else's car. In addition, there are free updates available. More importantly, there are many phone GPS apps to choose from and most are free!

5. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that car makers really need to make a choice, they need to bring down the price of their updates because they are getting no money from it. Sure, it's more convenient the built-in GPS if the updates don't cost the eyes off our face, so I think the price coming down is a necessity.