Bump It

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by SarahLizzie • Apr 30, 2012.

1. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I thought this product was the funniest thing when I saw it on TV. One day while in Dollar General, I saw the bump its there on clearance for $1, so I bought it to try it anyhow. To my amazement, it gave my hair the desired looked I was going for, plus it did not move out of place. I was amazed the plastic piece you place in your hair to create the illusion of heigh, stay perfectly in place without the use of any hair products or bobby pins. This had to be one of the best $1 I have ever spent!

2. Jailynnsgrandma

JailynnsgrandmaMember

Threads:
    That was a great deal. I paid $9.99 for mine I think. I do even use it. I could not get it positioned correctly and gave up after one try. Though my daughter in law did place it in my hair once and you are right, it does give you the lift you want. Hard to believe someone so simple actually works.

3. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    I seriously want a bump it! I want it to use near the back of my head, to add some lift to my low pony tail. Does the hair ever move that it would become exposed?

4. daisiesndots

daisiesndotsMember

Threads:
    I bought one of these to go with my Flo the Progressive Insurance Agent costume for Halloween last year and I thought that it was really cool! I also bought mine for $1. It really does add more volume to your hair! I however had to use the big one to get the Flo look. haha

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    So how does it stay in place then? Is it those little grippy things doing it or is it because you have to have your hair so tight to hold it in place?

I don't personally want one because I don't like my hair to look like that, but I have a friend who keeps talking about them, so I was going to stick one in her birthday gift soon.

6. Smartee

SmarteeNew Member

Threads:
    I'm glad your worked for you. Mine did not however. I think though, it is because my hair is really thin and I have a small head. You could see the bump it through my hair. Plus it made my hair a little to high. I'm glad it works for others though. I think they need to make smaller ones.

7. luvsdragonflies

luvsdragonfliesNew Member

Threads:
    My sister had one and it didn't work at all it kept showing thru the hair. She once told me it fell out. My sister has super thick hair so, I don't know if that had something to do with it. Plus, they need to have more colors so, its not so obvious that you are using one.

8. Jailynnsgrandma

JailynnsgrandmaMember

Threads:
    I have thin hair too but my daughter in law did get it to stay in and work for me. I think I used the medium one, the long one seemed to big for my head.

9. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I am surprised by your positive review of the Bump It. A lot of reviews I have previously read stated that the Bump It didn't fit their heads or didn't work properly. I guess the Bump It isn't useless after all. However, I'm not going for the look the Bump It provides.

10. sunshinesaver

sunshinesaverMember

Threads:
    I was really disappointed in mine. When I first put it in it looked okay, but after a few minutes it started to slip out of place. I have thin hair so maybe that is why. It also showed through, so I was afraid to wear it out in public somewhere because it looked really strange. I liked the concept though.

11. Jeremy Green

Jeremy GreenMember

Threads:
    The product worked great for me. I really like it because it is very affordable, and it does what it says it will do.

12. Shell323

Shell323Member

Threads:
    I don't personally like the style the Bump it is supposed to give so I've never really given it a second thought. I have however seen some pretty terrible reviews on how the product does not work and people are disappointed. I'm glad to see that there are people in the world who actually get what the product promises when purchased.

13. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I had a bad experience with this but perhaps because my hair is very thick. I didnt purchase it but I borrowed my moms and it stayed on for about 10 minutes, gave me a cone head looking hair style and then wouldnt stay back on :( I guess its not for think hair.

14. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I always say when you see something on TV, go to the 0.99 only store first and see if they have what you are looking for and nine times out of ten, it just may be there. The best thing you can do is look around and find what you are looking for dirt cheap when it comes to those products on TV. You will save yourself a lot of money, time and be just as happy. And if it breaks or fall apart, you can say, oh well, it only costs me 1.00. You can't beat that, and keep on going.

15. ValerieAnne

ValerieAnneMember

Threads:
    I thought the commercials were funny for these. I saw them on sale at The Dollar Store a few weeks back, so I purchased a few of them as gifts. The people I purchased them from love them, and says they actually work. They thought the plastic would break (2 of the girls have really thick hair) and they haven't. So, they were worth the money I spent on them.

#15May 21, 2012
    Last edited: May 21, 2012
  16. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    The bump it is a pretty great invention. I wore mine almost everyday a couple years ago when they first were advertised on TV, but I also didn't order off the tv... at the time I spent half off what the price was at a local store. A little while late I found a cheaper, generic version at a discount store also and also bought it since I had lost a couple of them. Both worked great!

17. aprilgilliam

aprilgilliamNew Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of the bump-it. It never felt comfortable or stayed in place well. I would much rather take a teasing comb and hair spray to my hair and get the same look, without that annoying piece of plastic on my head. It's probably not good for my hair for it to be teased all the time, but oh well.