Burger King vs McDonalds

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by SpiralArchitect • Oct 29, 2013.

1. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Keeping with the tradition of direct comparison between two giants of their fields, which one do you prefer between Burger King and McDonalds?

I personally prefer McDonalds because of the superior taste of their burgers (at least in my opinion).

2. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I do like the "fire grilled" taste of Burger King, but I find the service slower and sometimes the burgers do not taste as fresh as McDonalds. This may be due to the volume and the local McDonalds seem to have more traffic. As to McDonald's hamburgers, they taste consistent from year to year but I have never felt they tasted like a fresh off the grill burger as far as the actual meat patty is concerned. There is also something different in the bagged lettuce and rehydrated onions at McDonalds versus getting fresher vegetables at Burger king.

3. hbmm

hbmmMember

Threads:
    BK! haha, it's beautiful!:p

4. Inconsitency

InconsitencyNew Member

Threads:
    Burger Kings are less common in my area, but when I find them, they've been much better than McDonalds. It surpasses McDonald is almost every way possible, in flavor, size, etc. McDonalds is cheaper though, and McDonalds seems to be more of a fast food restaurant than Burger King, as Burger King may be a little slower. I guess the flavor varies between areas, as I find Burger Kings more filling and savory compared to McDonalds, as McDonalds feels more like a snack rather than a meal.

5. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I eat a lot more at McDonalds because we don't have many Burger Kings in my area and also because McDonalds has toys for the kids and they simply love them. My older (6 year old) the last time surprised me when he said he didn't wanted the Happy Meal, but a wrap because he likes it better! :D He's growing up...

6. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    The Burger Kings in my area usually hire more people who dont care, so the service is usually pretty bad. I understand burger king supposedly uses fresher ingredients, but when your staff doesnt care, those fresher ingredients go bad and still get used. that makes for a nasty burger.

Mcdonalds' bagged lettuces stay better tasting longer, and since mcdonalds usually has a higher traffic volume, they go through bags quicker, which keeps the food fresher.

7. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    In Jamaica, the better burgers are from Burger King. MacDonald's was here for a short while, but they didn't do very well. The burgers that they used did not taste as good as Burger King's burgers. Some of the customers even threw the meat in the food in the garbage bin after they left the restaurant. :eek: It was that bad! But I have to tell you like MacDonald's fries, their fries were always freshly made, and well cooked. Burger King's burgers always tasted better to me in Jamaica. In America though, MacDonald's burgers are better tasting to me than Burger King.

8. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree I prefer Mcdonalds over burger king I think Mcdonalds has the best fries around! I don't think I have ever liked any other fries more than I liked theirs. The burgers are good too and Burger King has some good burgers as well but mcdonalds wins lol.

9. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    McDonald's seems to win a lot of these comparisons with sheer over saturation of the market alone. I do not like McDonald's at all. I try not to eat there ever. Therefore, by default, Burger King has won this one for me. I suppose their 'fire grilled' taste helps. I also like my burger with vegetables on it. McDonald's has other ideas.

10. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer McDonalds as well. For some odd reason it seems as if I like McDonalds more than the average person would. It seems like everyone I know does not like McDonalds as much because it is said to be unhealthy in a way. Although I think McDonalds has healthy options, and it is only unhealthy if you'r eating there every day. Besides me eating there often, I absolutely love eating at McDonalds.

11. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Burger King. I just like the smoky flavour their meat has more than.. whatever McD's use to make their meat. Their Cheeseburger and McD's Cheeseburgers are not even comparable, BK wins by FAR. :) Then again, I'm comparing the European branches, maybe they are a little bit different here.

12. mxc019

mxc019New Member

Threads:
    I honestly prefer Burger King over McDonald's because in my experience they tend to have better costumer service. They rarely mix up my order and get it wrong. McDonald's might be older but it just seems to be more geared towards children than adults.

13. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I tend to choose McDonalds because that is what I am used to. In all honesty though, I am indifferent to them. I would be fine if you got rid of either and left one. They are both equally good in my opinion.

14. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer mc donalds over burger king. There are many mc donalds in my place compare to burger king. I also like the taste, it's more delicious for me. I noticed that many perople go to mc donalds than the burger king.

15. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I like McDonalds' burgers taste, but I think that Burger Kings' personal is more attentive, at least in my city area.

In addition, I enjoy stopping at Burger King to enjoy a burger, not to enjoy kids shouting all the time as usually happens at McDonalds, where I found best take out my order instead.

16. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yeah more than the burgers, McDonalds has the best fries around. I'll agree with people saying that Burger King feels fresher but I've never been served bad burgers at McDonalds and occasionally, they have even served freshly cooked burgers.

17. hbmm

hbmmMember

Threads:
    What! shouldn't everything be freshly cooked?! Pretty sure it is over here, and burger king chips are the best!:p

18. violatoR

violatoRNew Member

Threads:
    I always go for McDonald's, I just love the Big Mac menu. It has this specific taste that I love and it reminds me of my childhood, each time I eat it I get thrown back in years and I remember something completely random which is always good. I guess they have a point when they say food stimulates memories, hehe! Although, I've experienced something not that pleasant in a McDonald's establishment not so long ago; I got the menu and everything as usual, but the sandwich wasn't that fresh. I don't know why, it was probably on the border they have to dispose of it and the experience I had from eating it was nothing even remotely related to what I described above. I'll certainly think twice before buying from there again.

19. Joe D.

Joe D.New Member

Threads:
    Burger King for the burgers, McDonald's for the coffee, Hardee's for the breakfast biscuits, Wendy's for the chili and potatoes, and Dairy Queen for the ice cream AND the classic double cheesburger.

20. MakeshiftMiloh

MakeshiftMilohMember

Threads:
    In 'N Out! Just kidding! I do have a particular weakness for Big Macs, if I'm to be completely honest, and I was never very big on the taste of Burger King's burgers. I don't know, the flavor of their patties never came off as "flame broiled" to me so much as "slightly overcooked".