Burger King

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Bolt • Feb 24, 2013.

1. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So we spontaneously decide to pick up a burger at the Burger King Drive-Thru. I hadn't eaten anything from Burger King for at least 10-years and I was interested to see if it was as good as I remember.

I had a hamburger, Whopper, fries and onion rings. The Whopper didn't have the flamegrilled taste and it was dry, the same applies to the burger. The 'large' portion of fries was a small small, pathetic portions. I will certainly not be returning to Burger King.

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, a lot of fast food places have been really going downhill. I don't eat them often anyway but the past few times I've tried I've been very disappointed with quality and portions.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't often do fast food, I have also noticed the portions are not very good mostly bread very little meat. When I find that I have to get a fast food meal I try to do Wendy's, they have a better choice of meat for the money.

4. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I've never really enjoyed Burger King food that much; I still prefer McDonald's if I want to get a burger.

5. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    I used to always love Burger King's fries more than anything else. I cannot eat them anymore, as I'm a vegetarian. They're one of the few places that has chicken ingredients in their french fries. It's unpleasant, I tell ya. -shakes head-

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm pretty sure that Burger King uses "pink slime" in their hamburgers. Yuck! Yuck!

7. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What is this talk of pink slime? I've heard that mentioned before and now I feel even worse for eating that crap, haha.

Wendy's is great from what I remember of my holidays in Florida but we don't have Wendy's in the UK.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    My Burger King is still pretty good where I am. I like their Whoppers because they still have that flamebroiled taste going for them. I can't say the same about their fries being that great (I prefer McDonald's for that), but their burgers are still soooo much better around here.

9. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Here's a link with good information about it.

I don't know about it's usage in the UK though. I get grossed out just thinking that I have eaten some of this stuff.

10. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Oh gross. Slime whoppers? ):

11. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    it's okay

I go to burger king from time to time i love their texas whoopers sometimes the patty is a little dry but not always maybe you just went at the wrong time and got a worker who didn't care.

12. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I haven't had a Burger King in years, although I always preferred them to McDonalds. After reading this post, I won't be bothering! A friend of ours used to say that he thought the packaging always tasted better than the burgers, wherever you bought them from. Unfortunately, I don't think he was joking, either!

13. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I don't like Burger King's new fries. They don't have a good flavor and they don't give you that many. The burger to fry ratio is all off. Their burgers are huge and their fries are tiny. It's just mind boggling. I will stick to my Del Taco fries.

14. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You might be right because it was Boxing day and they were minutes away from closing. However, surely they cook the burgers in the same way no matter what time of the day it is. I suppose it might have been a reheated patty...

15. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I found this article on the pink slime issue.

Apparently the big chains have promised to not use pink slime. It really makes you wonder what they put in their food, whatever they can get away with.

16. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    Here the Burgers at Burget King are still good. They still have that flame grilled flavor and their onion rings are still pretty good for a fast food restaurant. I've always preferred Burger King whenever I am in the mood for a hamburger I just feel that McDonald's bugers are a bit too bland. With french fries I'd have to agree with the others that it still is McDonald's hands down.

17. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Burger King fries portions are scandalous. I couldn't believe the size of a 'large', it was a small packet and it wasn't even full. At least McDonald's offer good portion sizes for large, McDonald's large is a nice big carton.

18. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    Burger king near here where we live is just discgusting! the place is completely FILTHY. Didnt see anything so dirty in my life. It did put me off of burger king ever. Didnt buy any since.

19. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I think in today's health conscious society. Fast Food places like Burger King have gotten a lot of crap for contributing to America's obesity problem. So they've shrunk their portions of fries, sizes of burgers, etc. But this incident occurred in the UK. In the end, if the recipe for a whopper isn't followed to a "T". It will turn out like crap. Here in America it's kind of the same thing. Some Burger King restaurants serve dry burgers. Others serve excellent ones. The cooks in the end, are the ones at fault.

20. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    The only fast food we go to now is just KFC. I never liked Burger King. I just don't fancy burgers that much. I have it sometimes but not my first choice usually.