Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Bright7 • Jul 24, 2014.

1. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    The Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers are tinted lip treatments that come in a variety of colors and leave a subtle tint of color on your lips. I have to say that I find these lip balms a bit more pigmented than your average tinted lip balm. The finish of these lip shimmers is glossy without feeling greasy and they have the minty scent and tingly feeling of many Burt's Bees products. I have chapped lips and this lip treatment really helps to moisturize them while giving me a bit of color. They are perfect for everyday wear.

These lip shimmers have peppermint oil which gives you that tingly feeling on the lips when you apply them. If you are sensitive to essential oils or you don't like the tingly feeling usually associated with lip plumpers, then these lip shimmers might not be for you.

Overall, I love this product. It comes in a very nice range of colors and you can find them at practically any drugstore.

2. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I love Burt's Bees. I usually just use the regular chap stick though. I usually don't get shimmers because they end up being nothing but sparkles rather than color. If they are actually tinted I may have to try them because I love how soft Burt's Bees makes my lips. I won't lie I like the tingly feel. It's weird, but I do. Thank you for the review.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think my girlfriend would like this product, so I appreciate the review. She likes Burt's Bees products, and I'm not sure if she has tried the Lip Shimmers yet. I think I'll have to pick her up one the next time I see them at Walmart or wherever else. How much did you pay for them? I'm not too worried about price, but Burt's Bees isn't always the cheapest option.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Burt's Bees products. From their lip products to their lotions, to their face washes, their products are mild and great for sensitive and allergic skin like mine. The lip shimmers smell yummy, are affordable, and very moisturizing.

5. junebug

junebugNew Member

Threads:
    I definitely love Burt's Bees lip products because of the mintiness:) I have seen and been interested in the lip shimmers, but haven't tried it myself yet. I'm not a big lipstick fan, so a tinted gloss might be the best option for me. I tend not to wear a lot of makeup anyway, I like the natural look better on myself:) I'll be picking up a lip shimmer next time I'm at the drugstore.

6. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I love Burt's Bees lip balm.
    I especially love it because it is natural.

7. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I like the consistency and flavor of the shimmers, but it ends there. I don't like the colors or the finish. The shimmer gives it a frosty finish to me and I think it looks a little dated. I wish they would make these in a non shimmer because then I would love them, the color is long lasting, goes on smoothly and I like the tingle from the peppermint.

8. atlman

atlmanNew Member

Threads:
    I have to say that I've been using Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers since 2009 when I was in college. Not only would I wear it in nice weather, California at the time, but I would also use it when I travel, and still do. Anytime it's winter and I'm in Chicago or New York City, it is definitely around me. As a matter of fact it's on my person at all times, like my gum. It's long a long time and I like the shimmer it gives, and also the smell is not too strong.

9. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I was in the health food store recently and saw that Burts Bees now has colors that complement darker skin tones. I like their products but it's been a while since I got the balms but I like Bath and Body Works a little better. I may just try the new BB since I don't wear lipstick anymore.

10. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I've never tried Burt's Bees products mainly because alot of their stuff personally looks too expensive. I can just use some plain old vasoline on my lips that works just as well. Pay 4$ for a big tube of it that will last me a few months as opposed to paying more than that for a small tube with a bunch of fancy stuff in it that may irritate my stomach that is a dinky size.

11. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I've been using the clear tint one for a while and really like it. I would say they work just a well as a moisturizer as the regular lip balms do, they only cost a couple dollars more to.

12. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen these in stores and have contemplated buying them. I wish I could 'try on' the colors before getting one, it's hard to pick! I'll pick one up next time I'm at the drugstore and give it a whirl.

I've always been a fan of burts bee's products. I've used their regular lip balm and body washes before. I highly recommend the body washes if you've never tried them. The scents are great and they don't dry my skin out like some soaps do.