Burt's Bees products

Discussion in Product Reviews started by hunysukle • Jun 3, 2012.

1. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone here use Burt's Bees products? I have used their facial cream cleanser. It smells like bubble gum, which gets kinda irritating after a while. However, the cleanser is very effective at removing dirt and impurities. I would love to try Burt's Bees lip products.

2. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    I do love Burt's Bees too! I mostly use their lip products and they are always fantastic. I like the pomegranate flavored chapstick. I just used some on my lips a few minutes ago and they feel better already!

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have only used the Burt's Bees chaptick and it does work really well for dry lips. It gets really cold here in the winter and the Burt's Bees chapstick is a staple in our house. I haven't used the facial cleanser but the bubble gum smell would be a real negative for me. I just don't like that smell at all!

4. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    I like the chapstick in the winter time. It really coats your lips and keeps them protected. I don't like the lip balm with the color added to it, I prefer my balms to be colorless. It was too "thin" and greasy feeling on my lips as well.

5. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    I used to use Burts Bees for lip care, but recently switched to EOS, which I love even more.

6. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I love Burts Bees, but I can see what you mean about the smells annoying at times! I have some chapstick which I have used and ended up having to stop because I could not get the smell away from me.

7. Toni6749

Toni6749New Member

Threads:
    My boyfriend is an avid user of the lip balms. He uses the Honey and Pomegranate flavors. He does have the same complaint as you though – the honey flavor has a loud honey smell that seems to increase throughout the day. Pomegranate is lighter and he tends to only use the Honey as a backup. It’s a good preventative for chap lips and a little longer lasting than other products. (Or at least that’s what he says)

8. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I love Burt's Bee Pomegranate Lip Balm. It is incredible from the very first moment you put it on your lips. I lost mine once and bought a pack of ChapStick balms that was on sale. It was the original, a cherry flavored and a medicated stick for extremely chapped lips and I had to go back and get another Burt's Bee because ChapStick just doesn't cut it after Burt's Bee has touched your lips. It really does begin healing as soon as you try it and it stays on! Within a week my lips were "baby butt" soft

9. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, I don't use any Burt's Bee's products because I've never had the need to, and they're kinda pricey. Though I have a friend who basically swears by their lip balm since she says that it really does work for her.

10. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried the lip balm. It is great! After couple uses my lips felt brand new!

11. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    My daughter loved the lip balm at first, but after a few days it irritated her lips. That's probably just her - she has extremely sensitive skin. Right now the lip balm she has found which works well with out irritating is the Alba Botanicals brand.

12. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Although I have tried the products and liked them fairly well, they are simply too expensive for me overall.

13. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I purchased a gift set awhile back that had a little bit of everything. It had balm that came in small tin, the regular Burts Bee balm, face wash, and other items. I really liked the face wash. It has a fresh lemony scent. I never really purchase Burts Bees but I had a gift card I wanted to use up and decided to try it. I'm glad I did.

14. mariaandrea

mariaandreaMember

Threads:
    I can't live without the lip balm!! Ok, I could probably live, but my lips wouldn't be happy. My daughter gets the facial cleanser and loves it and I use it sometimes too. It's nice and good for sensitive skin. I also like the Shea Butter and Vitamin E Body Lotion. Not greasy, not smelly and works well.

15. Scarletpyxi

ScarletpyxiMember

Threads:
    I love their lip balms! They keep lips moist without leaving a weird taste. I like the pomegranate the best. I have also used their Acne Care line, it is really effective. I use their Baby Bee liquid bath soap for my toddler, it smells delicious. I just wish their products were a bit less expensive.

16. kristyleann

kristyleannMember

Threads:
    I use their facial cleanser and I like it pretty well. I got it to try for free through bzzagent.com and it's the only facial cleanser that isn't specifically for oily skin that I can use. If I use any other "for normal skin" facial stuff my skin breaks out.

17. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    After getting burned in a house fire I had to use lotion all the time. In fact Burts Bees was the only one I never developed an allergy to. So I know this is a good quality product which is hard to develop an allergy to.

18. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    I am a die hard fanatic of their lip balm/chapstick product, but this is the only experience I have had with this company's products. I've heard that all of their products are wonderful and I am remiss about the fact that I have not been able to try any of them out. From the looks of things here, I am truly missing out. they have now made thier way to the short list of items that I must try.

19. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    We've tried some for of their products for babies. We received a gift set when I had my baby. I like the diaper cream and the moisturizer. But I never buy them, to pricey for me. I haven't tried any other products though.

20. meryliz

merylizMember

Threads:
    I use Burt's Bees "Red Dahlia" Tinted Lip Balm regularly and my only complaint is that it comes off a little too easily. I try to avoid putting it on when I know I'm going to eat or drink soon, because not only does it come off but I end up tasting it and I don't like how it tastes!

That being said, I do love how it feels and looks on my lips. My lips get dried out easily, so I use Vaseline all the time, but when I want some colour and moisture I use the Tinted Lip Balm. It has just a bit of shine that I like, and the "Red Dahlia" is a few shades darker than my natural lip colour, so it doesn't stand out too much from my low-maintenance makeup.

There are comments about the high price and I agree, I would not buy a $10 chapstick on a regular basis. However, I received it last Christmas as a stocking stuffer and it came in a bigger tube, so it was a nice addition!