Burt's Bees

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Juno • Jan 16, 2015.

1. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    Do you use Burt's Bees products and what is your opinion of it. It tried the lip balm and really liked it. However, then I tried the shampoo and did not like it much. I think it made my scalp break out a little.

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I have not tried the shampoo, but I love the lip balm, body lotion and hand repair cream. I would rank their lotions as one of the best there is. There is something exceptionally soothing I it and the moisture really lasts through the day.

3. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    I have tried several of their chap sticks and lip shimmers. I remember having peppermint, honey, and pomegranate chap sticks which I was satisfied with. I like the lip shimmers a lot except they wear off quickly. Raisin is my favorite color. I am unfamiliar with a lot of their other products. The only other item I tried was their coco butter and macadamia nut cream. It smelled funky at first, but eventually it grew on me. It does leave a residue.

4. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I have a tube of Burt's Bees hand cream and really like it. It's especially good for the winter months when my hands seem to dry out really bad. I received it as part of a gift basket but I would definitely buy it for myself when this tube is empty.

5. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    Eh, I feel like there's so much competition in the cosmetic space that I'm sure you could find comparable, if not better, alternative at a cheaper price. So from what I've used from them, I always think it's o-k, but it doesn't really make me feel like I have to buy it again. All that in mind, I tend to receive it as a gift, haha.

6. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    That's true there are alternatives for a cheaper price. I do usually find Burt's Bees on sale. Whether I browsing Meijer or Walmart there always seems to be some discount on at least half of the products.

7. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I have some Burt's Bee's lip balm somewhere, either in my bedroom in one of my dresser drawers, or maybe in a cosmetics pouch somewhere. I haven't used it in awhile. I know that when I did use it I kind of liked it, only thing is, I remember it having a "bite" to it, maybe a little bit too strong for my lips. I've also used some Burt's Bee's lotion, and it seemed ok.

8. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    This is interesting, I didn't even know that Burt's Bee's has a Raisin colored lip shimmer. Makes me want to go out and buy some of it just because the color sounds like it will be nice. You make me want to go on a little Burt's Bee shopping spree. I haven't thought about this line of products in awhile, and with you mentioning raisin, honey etc., they are back on my radar.

9. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    The raisin color is very pretty. It's a bright red, but not firetruck bright. The fig color is also very nice if you want something a bit more subtle.

10. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Lol, you're a bad influence!! After I read your post, I totally left the don'tpayfull forum and went to the Burt's Bee's site. I was checking out the lip shimmers, and the face cleansers, and the etc., etc., etc.
    Terrible! The last thing I need to be thinking about right now is spending money on cosmetics,
    especially since I barely use the ones I have now... however, I'm totally going back over there to check out their fig color:D!

11. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I use Burt's Bees products and I really like it because the products are all natural without any bad ingredients. I have used this cleanser on my face for a long time and I'm happy with it. I would like to try other Burt's Bees products like the lipsticks, shampoo, and more.

12. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I LOVE Burt's Bees. I would use the chapstick all the time when I was in college. Sadly, I don't really know of any places around me that sell them. It is easily my favorite brand of chapstick.

13. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    In the US it can be found basically anywhere. I'll normally pick up mine from Meijer and Walgreens. You could always find it online too. If you have an Amazon account then you can get free shipping with Prime for a lot of their products.

14. Vernon

VernonNew Member

Threads:
    I've only tried the lip balm, but i love it

15. cherokee

cherokeeNew Member

Threads:
    I have just recently discovered Burt's Bees but right now I only use the lip balms. I was using EOS lip balm but switched to Burt's Bees because it was hard to get the last of the round EOS stuff out when it got down too low. I have tried Burt's Bees moisturizer but wasn't too keen on that. However, I would like to try their hand lotion. Has anyone tried that and liked it?

The only complaint I can think of for the BB lip balm is that the tube doesn't last very long at all. When I used to use Chapstick a few years back, it seemed like it lasted forever. But then again, Burt's Bees is better stuff so I am willing to buy it more frequently.

16. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I've only tried the lip balm so far. I liked it very well; but really, I don't think it's any better than Carmex. I've used Carmex for years. I get tired of it and try something else for awhile but always end up going back.

17. Eiko

EikoMember

Threads:
    I've used their chapsticks for many years now. I'm a huge fan of the peppermint and original chapsticks because it really soaks in and leaves them perfectly moisturized and not oily.
    Some of the other chapsticks (should I say flavors? I'm never quite sure) have seemed greasy and seem to just sit on my lips rather than feel like they do much. Right now I'm using Burt's Bees Rejuvenating chapstick with Acai Berry and I'm really displeased with it.

I've also tried to hand and feet balm that comes in the tin container and I'm in love with it! I used to work with cardboard all day long and it really helped my skin not to crack and bleed like they normally do, I also suffer from eczema which it really helps too when I'm beginning a breakout.

18. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    I buy their lip products now and then because they make their products without artificial dyes and I have problems with those. If I wore a regular lipstick, my lips would balloon up and I would get a rash on my upper lip. I have used their shampoos and conditioners quite a bit, although I usually buy them only when I can find them on sale, which isn't often. I like some of their other facial products, but for me, they are a little too expensive for me to use on a regular basis.

19. BargainPhoenix

BargainPhoenixMember

Threads:
    I too have only used their lip products because they use all natural ingredients and I'm borderline obsessed with the condition of my lips. It's one of my best features. I haven't ventured into their other products because like others stated they are a bit on the expensive side and I already have my staples by other brands for my other beauty needs.

20. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried Burt's Bee's lipstick and lip balm before and they're very nice! The only problem that I have, is that the products all have mint in them, and for some reason, mint burns my lips. So I can't use Burt's Bee's. I've used their cuticle balm before and it works wonders! ;)