Buy a Foam Roller!

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Jonah Glover • Dec 21, 2012.

1. Jonah Glover

Jonah GloverNew Member

Threads:
    I insist that you buy one of

I do it every morning when I wake up (just roll my back up and down) and it's like having a chiropractor in my room. It gets you so loose and you avoid the morning back aches that some people get. I got one for my mother (60 years young) and it helped her back so much. She says that she feels better in the morning and I've noticed her being far less grumpy.

anyway, at least borrow one from a friend if you can, I don't think you'll regret it.

2. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Wow.. never heard of foam rollers before... I do have a back problem .. but I guess i need to read more reviews and see how this is used before I try one. Thanks for the information.

3. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I would need to do more than read reviews on something like this. I would have to see someone using it and examine the roller myself. I've done exercises with an inflated ball behind my back, but I can't see what foam would do since it's not that firm.

4. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Foam rollers are great and cheap. I use my foam roller a few times a week to assist my recovery from weight training. They are great for your legs and I find it quite relaxing. Foam rollers are a very underrated piece of fitness equipment.

5. nick87

nick87Active Member

Threads:
    I got a cheap one from amazon a while ago. It's been a great investment. It helps out a ton, I usually have a sore back, and this thus far has been the best thing for it. It also helps a ton with sore muscles from working out the day before if you can reach them. My mom uses it a lot as well.

6. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    They work!

The name is deceptive, because when we think of "foam," we think of lattes and package fillings! There are three foam densities that you can consider when purchasing a foam roller; the white ones are the least dense, the blue or green ones are medium, and the black ones are as hard as a table! I got my husband a black one a while back, and anytime his back is hurting, he takes his roller into the corner and stretches out on it. His back complaints have gone WAY down, and it's by far the best gift I've ever found for him (something he needed, helps his quality of life, etc.). Even the white foam rollers are much harder than the inflated ball. Just go into any sporting goods store and the rollers are usually available to feel out for yourself!