Buy cheapers clothes from 'abroad?'

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Jul 9, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    China and many other third world countries owing to fact that they pay less for labor can afford to sell the clothes they make at relatively cheaper prices than other developed countries. Most people however associate 'cheap' with poor quality. That logic doesn't necessarily have to apply.

Have any of you tried buying directly from stores based in China and elsewhere? If you haven't, would you buy from them if you found out their prices were way wallet-friendly?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not directly from China, but many clothing sold over here was made in China (as most other countries). But I wouldn't ship clothing directly from other countries just to get them for cheaper because in my country taxes for imports are really expensive, so I would end up paying the same price as if I got them here.

3. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, overall, products in China are way cheaper as compared to buying in a first world country. However, I would tend to be very picky when I buy from there as there are also a lot of fake products that you may get. Also, sometimes, the quality is not that good and it may end up wearing out much faster than when you would buy a slightly more expensive item. Shopping in China is tricky in a way that you should not always buy on impulse. Instead, you need to assess the item carefully before making any purchase.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I have bought stuff from Chinese Ebay sellers and other Chinese online stores, but I buy mostly electronic items like earphones, and they are of decent quality. I think it's ok to buy clothes form China because they don't even have any sensitive electronic component to it, only fabric, so the only thing that would be in poor quality about it is if the way it was sewn was done in poor quality.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to support my local economy, so I try to buy as little as possible from China. Here in my neighbourhood where I shop, there are still places that offer hand-made and custom clothing for decent prices. The same goes for shoes. So, personally I much prefer to be dressed in something that I helped to design. For me it is all about quality rather than quantity.

6. lionzfire122

lionzfire122Member

Threads:
    Personally I will stick to the local thrift store. I always find great deals. I'm the kind of person who needs to try things on before I buy them. So I would never buy online unless I absolutely wanted it and I knew it would be a great fit.

God bless, LIONZFIRE

7. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I have strongly consider buying clothing from an online retail site in China. I think the name of the store is Cause Way Mall or something like that. Taobao is another site where you can get clothing at cheap prices. The problem is when I read the reviews of people who bought from these stores. There are numerous complaints of the quality being poor or nothing like what was ordered. I think my best bet is to find stores domestically where I can get affordable wholesale deals. My sister is doing this with her online business and customers are really happy with the items they have received so far.

8. Gadzooks

GadzooksMember

Threads:
    I would love to buy cheaper clothes, but I hate waiting months for them to arrive. Anything I have bought from China took forever to arrive. I knew a boy in High School that, every year, would go to Brazil to buy his new school clothes and to visit family. He told me his clothes were like 50 American cents. Boy, that is cheap! I would love to do that, but it wouldn't be worth paying for the cost of flying plus the clothes. I would probably save more money just buying clothes here. :)

9. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I'm very careful and picky when it comes to buying clothes and I prefer to see and physically touch or try the materials before purchasing them. So to be honest I'm not really keen into buying clothes from online stores or from another country even though the price would be a lot cheaper.

10. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No and I haven't tried buying directly to the stores abroad for a sheer reason that it hasn't yet came into my mind the possibility. But knowing this, if the price is far away cheaper and I would be able to save a lot with shipment fee included, then yes I would buy directly. I'll start to look for some now.

11. maRei

maReiNew Member

Threads:
    I bought a few clothes from China recently because of the cheap price. The items aren't all that bad. If I would give it a rating, I'd give it a 7/10. The fabrics used were all okay, except for how the apparels were sewn. They were like made in a hurry, mostly with a single stitch, and smelled like they came straight from the sewing machine. It helps if you know anything about stitching and you have a machine at home; you can double the stitches to strengthen them. But like I said, they aren't so bad, the items are really trendy and they look the same on the pictures.