Buy Clothes From E-bay?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Nov 24, 2013.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I only purchase used clothes from thrift stores or consignment shops - ones I can walk into and inspect whatever I am buying.

For this reason, eBay is a place I use for non-clothing items. What I see posted (attire) is very random. Some of it looks good and other looks like junk.

2. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I like buying cloths from eBay but then again when I go to purchase I look at the seller feedback and there score which is the star of items they have sold. I only buy from those sellers that offer returns on their items. I haven't had any bad experiences with buy or selling items on eBay. Overall I like the items I just do my research.

3. jessicak2

jessicak2Banned

Threads:
    Ebay such best online shopping store here we can buy various Indian designer wear.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never bought clothes on Ebay. I tried selling a T shirt on there once, which is a really cute one, with embroidery on it. Sadly, it had a stain that showed up in the picture, so not surprisingly no interest in that. Oh well, what is one to do? It is one of the problems that has to be faced.

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've only ever bought new clothes from eBay. Sometimes, if there's something new I want, I'll see if anyone is selling it there. You can save quite a bit of cash on new goods this way. However, I do want to see waht I'm getting before I commit to buy so I only ever buy used clothes from physical stores.

6. tasxx

tasxxMember

Threads:
    I buy a lot of my quirky items from eBay - my fun, weird jewelry and my interesting sweaters. I find that everything that i've bought has been pretty spot on and sizing has never been an issue. I really recommend using a tape measure and measuring yourself to compare against the item's measurements. This is the best way to ensure you can avoid sizing issues because I find that the item measurements are always reasonable accurate.

7. legeipslt

legeipsltMember

Threads:
    I bought a pair of shorts on eBay. They were supposed to be gray, but they were a light green color. I contacted the seller, but there wasn't anything she was willing to do. They fit fine, so I wear them.

Once I purchase an absolutely beautiful colorful shawl that was handmade on Etsy. The picture of it was outstanding. The shawl was perfect. BUT it had the most awful smell and no matter what I did it wouldn't come out. And I tried everything. It smelled moldy and stale. I contacted the seller and of course, that started a whole argument on how it didn't smell when she put it into the box, yada yada yada. I ended up throwing it in the garbage.

I had really good luck on some Native American old pawn sterling silver cuff bracelets. They were just what I wanted and fit perfectly.

8. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually buy non-clothing items at Ebay because buying clothes there does not seem sensible at all. Or maybe I just didn't look hard enough. From what I've seen so far, the clothes at Ebay are too pricey compared to the clothes you actually get to see, touch and confirm for quality at department stores. I also have a problem with shipping prices so if ever I do buy clothes online, I'll just have to settle for a lesser known shop that's affordable and offers quality items too.

9. legeipslt

legeipsltMember

Threads:
    Many sellers have free shipping with clothing and items that don't weigh much.

10. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    I've bought a couple of times through eBay, not clothes but sneakers, and I feel like the key is the seller rating, as it really marks the quality and the confidence of the product. If you just don't feel sure enough to press the buy button, you can always sent an e-mail to the seller, and if he or she is nice you will get a reply that will solve all your doubts. I feel like the first step is confidence, and once that you have recieved your first product you will feel like doing it again.

11. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    I've bought clothes from eBay before, but I've never bought used clothes. You can find some great items from Ebay, depending on your preference. You have to make sure you read every detail before buying. Such as where the item is coming from and the size chart. I've made the mistake of buying clothing that came from China, and my item being too small because their women are smaller and I had to order two sizes up. Other than that I have had a pretty good experience with buying clothes from Ebay. As previous poster said, it also good to read reviews before buying anything on Ebay.

12. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I have bought some new clothes with the tags still on them from ebay. They were Sonoma line from Kohls and I was even able to give them. I only buy from sellers who post more than 3 photos so I can get an accurate view of what I am buying.