Buy games online or not?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Erwins74 • Sep 27, 2012.

1. Erwins74

Erwins74New Member

Threads:
    I'm a big Playstation fan. And as you may know Playstation games aren't cheap. Well, not when they are new.
    Recently I have purchased some games through the playstation store (for those that don't know this: the playstation store is an online store accessible through your playstation).
    The reason for this was a special package (5 splinter cell games for the price of 1).

I have to say that it was very convenient. Sitting on the couch, buy a package and wait untill everything is downloaded. Install the games and start playing! brilliant!
    The downside is that I don't have a booklet containing information on the controls.

Do you guys buy your games through these store (playstation, or otherwise)? Or do you still want to have a physical disk?

2. CuriousJ

CuriousJNew Member

Threads:
    I'm a PC gamer and I prefer buying from Steam. Mostly because local stores where I live have horrible prices on games compared to Steam. No local store has ever been able to beat Steam Summer Sale prices for example, not even the bargain bin games (!!!).

I don't have to worry about scratching the disc with a digital copy either. Which is a major plus point.

3. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    PSN store is pretty bad, so generally, no, I don't buy from them. Their prices are way too overblown ($50 for Hyperdimension Neptunia, when most shops sell it for $20 incl. shipping?) to even consider it.

4. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I purchase most of my PSN games from Gamestop. I normally buy them used, but fairly new. I prefer to shop in stores for PSN and other gaming consoles games.

5. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    I do purchase games from the PlayStation store but this is usually only for titles that are hard to find around shops where I live. If I can find a physical copy of the game, I usually would prefer to buy the disc itself because I am a collector of these games and as you mentioned, I would prefer having those little guide books that come along with the disc. As much as purchasing online is convenient, if you do not have a stable or fast internet connection, downloading the game would be problematic!

6. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can usually find online stores that ship free to a lot of locations, actually. If you don't mind the waiting for post, it will probably be a better option.

7. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    No, the only times I buy online are when dealing with Gamestop online or when purchasing a bundle for the PC. Otherwise, I have physical stores I can trawl. It's generally cheaper, and quite frankly I don't have the data plan for this anyway.

8. Trandafin

TrandafinNew Member

Threads:
    I am a fan of computer games! This is one of the reasons why I choose to buy computer games ! ... I don't encourage piracy on the internet !

9. pilot2fly

pilot2flyMember

Threads:
    Steam is a great place to buy games. It's secure and I've never had trouble with them. If you're looking for physical copies, go with Amazon. You will be happy every time. Just be sure to read the sellers' comments about their item.

10. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I'm the same way. I haven't had the desire for a physical disc in a really long time. I much prefer downloading the games to have access to at my computer without having to wait on a disc to show up or needing to go to a store to get it. They're sooo much cheaper that way, too.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still buy games in disc form when I see some titles that I like are on sale, but I never but them when they are newly released, because their price will still be expensive. I let the game get old first. I haven't bought a game online yet as of now.

12. husstopher

husstopherMember

Threads:
    It really depends on who has a special sale going on. Sometimes GameStop would have a online only sale that gives members a special discount. On the other hand, there are only in-store only sales.

13. nick87

nick87Active Member

Threads:
    If I can, I look for the game used on ebay first. I got one game for $5 on ebay once for ps3, that's a massive deal considering the same game used was $30 in the store.
    Computer games though I like to buy online. I love how convenient steam is and how I can play it instantly. Also sometimes steam games have free trials.