Buy New Or Fix My Broken Phone?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Casiox • Aug 20, 2016.

1. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I also need an answer to this question;
    fix the broken phone or buy a new one.
    I am using very old phone, recently, it is giving me a lot of trouble. Sometimes it shuts down suddenly, sometimes the screen goes blank. The phone screen is cracked and the battery does not have a good back up. Sadly, I don't have money to buy a good phone and I don't want to get a simple handset. Therefore, I am troubled with the question.

2. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on how much money you spent on the phone, how old it is and how much they will charge you to fix it. If the phone is worth a lot more than the price of the fix then I suggest fixing it. If the phone and the fix is pretty close in price then I suggest buying another.

3. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I've only ever dropped my phone in water once, and while I did do the rice trick and leave it in there over night to dry out and it did work, it was never the same after that and I did have to end up getting a new one. The main problem with electronics I've found is that they are made to be throw away items anyway, so if they do start to be faulty or you have an accident with them they tend not to hold up all that well.

Obviously if money is an issue then the device can be repaired and will last for a little while longer, but I wouldn't expect it to last or be as reliable as a device that's in perfect condition so it might be time to start saving for a new one now for when it does finally give up.

4. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Here I find it more convinient to purchase a new phone since fixing is about the same price. If my phone were to brake I would buy the cheapest replacement I could find since I know I can't trust myself with an expensive one. I was lucky to recieve the one I currently own as a gift and I try to take care of it the best possible.

5. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    A phone that is accidental soaked with water is not big problem. It could be readily be fixed. It did happen to me. I was inside the bathroom. I was saving my beard. My handy phone which was inside my trousers' pocket rang. I picked it up and answered the phone. Then I put it back to my pocket. It accident fell into the basin. I hurriedly picked it up. It was total wet. I pressed some of its keys and they were still working. I placed somewhere to let it dry. After a couple of hours, I checked it again, it didn't work. Since that handy phone is very essential for me, I have to get a new one if it couldn't be working. But I don't have a money on hand, then what shall I do? I brought it to the technician which dismantled the parts, had them dried up with the dryer. For a couple of minutes, he put the parts together and tested it. It worked. I just only paid him a few cents. No spare parts replacement.

6. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    It may appear like new tech is constantly desirable over repairing more established rigging, yet that is just valid if each update is a decent one.

Some of the time settling a diminishing tablet, split screen, busted motherboard, or blinky diversion support is practically as expensive as purchasing another one. At the point when that happens, you have a quite extreme choice to make: Do you stay with what you've been utilizing and adore, or get something sparkly and new?

One thing to remember when you're looking at the cost of repairing broken tech to the cost of purchasing new is the amount you'd make on the off chance that you sold the broken thing.

7. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I think saving your phone can be a good idea but it depends on the damage. My sister broke her phone when she dropped it while she was at work. The glass was shattered and instead of buying a new one, she have it repaired for $500 which I think isn't a good move. If that was me, instead of spending that much to repair my phone, I would just buy a new one. At least I'm sure that it's new and not defective, or if it is, I can get it replaced since it has warranty.

So if the damage is great, then don't hesitate to buy a new one if you also have the budget to save your self from hassle as well :)

8. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, like someone did mention it depends on the gravity of the damage. If it is one that wasn't too bad maybe you can send it for a refix, if you have no idea how to attempt dry off water from it yourself. I remember when my then Nokia phone fell into a small pool of water by the roadside I simply quickly took it out. I opened and disassembled it then allow to dry and after which I recoupled it. To my surprise it started working fine again.

9. serbog

serbogMember

Threads:
    First check how much the repair will cost. If it is higher than the phone itself, then you should totally buy a new one. I would buy a new one even if it was like 30 dollars less, but that is just my call. Also check some offers on eBay for phones, they usually tend to have some cheap prices for used phones which work just fine.

10. DMlad

DMladNew Member

Threads:
    Buying a new smartphone can sometimes be cheaper, and even if it isn't there is no guarantee it can be fixed, or that it won't break again, besides for the price you payed for your smartphone originally, you can get a smartphone that is much better and you can get a warranty. So if you buy a new smartphone if you don't damage it physically for however long the warranty lasts it will be fine.