Buy Your Beliefs.

Discussion in Misc & Others started by efrain silva • Jan 6, 2017.

1. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    Do you think you can put a price on your moral values and beliefs? Honestly, I am seriously speaking from the heart here and wishing to inquire more as to what you guys may think. Do you think a price tag is fair, and if so, why or why not? Can you itemize your values?

2. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    You can itemize your values and beliefs, but the only price you can put on them is superficial. I wouldn't give you any money, for example, to tell me what your values are. It isn't something tangible to sell. Unless you were to perhaps write a book and sell it. Then there is something tangible to hold on to once you have paid for it.

3. Jessika

JessikaActive Member

Threads:
    I would say they were literally priceless as values and beliefs aren't products or services. You don't buy them in a supermarket, and everyone already has their own. Since they are part of the framework that enables commerce to take place, values being the basis for the laws and customs of trade, I'd say they were not exactly something you can out a price on, although they will affect the price of everything else.

4. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Values and beliefs are ideas and are manifested by doing them. There is a saying that values are not taught. They are caught. They are practiced and they exemplified. Since they are observed and followed, it is impossible to put a tangible or physical price. The price that you probably talking about is the benefit or the good effect that you may received from doing them or living them.

5. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think they have a price, I really don't think anyone would purchase them unless you are famous or well known and you have fans that want to know and have everything about you. I think what most people can get from them is a lesson or idea and the one who tells them and distributes will feel fulfilled and good about themselves.

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't thought about this before, but talking frankly I don't think I can put my moral values and beliefs in monetary terms. In a nutshell my moral values and beliefs are so unique and priceless. My humble opinion it is not correct to put a price tag on our moral values rather our moral values should be one that's worth emulating by others

7. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    On a related thought, do you think it's worth it to pay more in order to keep a good conscience? For instance, some people want to buy green hosting because they don't want to pollute the Earth. However, green hosting is a little bit more expensive than other types, in many instances, unless you are signing up for some special deal.

Note, some other things also come to mind. One thing is regarding animal rights. Would you be willing to pay more to know your chicken meat and eggs came from chickens outside of cages and that your beef doesn't come from cows who often consume their own waste, among other things?

8. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    First of all, who'll fix the price?
    If I'm to put a value of my moral, I'll always keep a high price. And if someone else fixes a price, it won't be even worth of a penny.
    The definition of moral differs from person to person. For example, eating meat is a kind of sin for vegetarians, but the same is just a matter of food chain for non-vegetarians.

How could you fix the price of something which doesn't have a standard measuring parameter?