Buyers Remorse

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Strykstar • Apr 15, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    What did you buy that gave you the biggest case of buyers remorse?
    For me it was a car that I bought for cheap but the repairs keep adding up so it gets more and more expensive.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me it was something that was a lot cheaper and though the remorse for buying it didn't last, from that time on, I stopped buying related products.

This is what happened. I happened:

A game review I read claimed the game had 100+ levels of play. I bought the game, believing every word I'd read but when I played it and learned there were only 12 levels I was so enraged that I vowed never to either play games again or buy any game in future.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I ordered a custom laptop from Dell about 10 years ago, this was back when a decent laptop would easily run you about $2,500, only to discover that I didn't pay attention to the screen resolution on the device when customizing it. It could only go up to a maximum of 1024 x 768 resolution, despite having higher end specs on everything else within the system. The system was essentially useless to me since I do a lot of design work, and the screen was far too cluttered for me to be able to get anything done on it. I ended up selling it to someone else at a very steep loss so I could get the laptop I really needed.

Another purchase regret was a 2005 Ford Escape that I had bought brand new. Previously, I had a 1999 Ford Mustang that I had bought brand new, and the sound system in it was amazing - I didn't need to replace it with any custom stuff. It was listed as their "premium" sound system when I bought the Mustang. So when I went shopping for this Escape, I was looking for one that had it as well. I assumed at the time, that if I was looking at any Escape that had the 6 Disc changer deck in it, that meant it was the "premium" system, but it wasn't. It was a really basic sound system that sounded awful, and worse yet, had some stupid capacitors hard wired into the speakers that would drop the volume automatically if a song got too loud at times - so not only could I barely hear the music even when I had it turned all the way up, the volume was constantly fluctuating (dropping) on it's own, randomly.

4. Richiee

RichieeNew Member

Threads:
    I bought a Blackberry Curve phone a year ago and I experience buyer's remorse after just one month. I really thought that I needed a brand new phone but after seeing the price of the iPhone drop, I knew that I should have just waited. I don't really like the features of my phone. It's camera isn't high-end, and viewing some documents are difficult due to the small screen of Blackberry phones.

In fact, I'm already trying to get rid of my phone by selling it at selected Facebook groups. I thought that its better to use a low-end phone for the meantime until I save enough money for a brand new iPhone.

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Hmm, I can't really think of anything.

The closest thing I can think of is my phone because I bought it used and then had to repair it within the first year. The cost or repairing was equal to the difference of what I would've paid had I simply bought one brand new.

The next in line would be my most recent hard drive. I love the drive, but I really wish I would've spent a little more and bought the next size larger.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't say that I ever regretted any of my purchases. I always make sure that I get the best quality for the best price, and that includes haggling. I also try and secure myself every which way with warranties and other insurances if I make a large investment.
    I think it's especially tricky with cars, when you don't know how to look for possible future problems. I think it's always a good idea to take someone along who has an understanding of mechanics, so that you don't get stuck with a "lemon".

7. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Seems like quite an extreme overreaction, you got tricked by a bad review, I don't think that's a valid reason to never buy any other games again, just check more than one review next time...

8. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I have to say its the Samsung StraightTalk phone I just bought. The camera is crap and so is the phone in general. I'm so used to my old iPhone I had. I'm going to look for another one though.

9. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think I've ever had a case of buyer's remorse on a big item like a car. For those sort of items, I tend to research the hell out of them before purchasing. Video games would probably be my biggest case of "buyers remorse" just being overall disappointed with the content.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've had buyer's remorse over spending $1,200 on a bed. What I spent on that bed years ago, is basically equal to 2 months rent in my current apartment.
    Meanwhile, my current bed was $200 at IKEA and it's the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. When I think of how I used to waste money, I get so mad at myself.

11. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    It has to be the iPhone. That's probably one of my biggest remorse. I mean, don't get me wrong the phone is nice but the thing is, I don't think the price matched the experience that it delivered to me personally, I don't know, I just thought the phone didn't live up to it's reputation, price-wise at least.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A brand new smartphone that stopped working after only 8 months of use. It won't turn on at all, and I suspect that it's the motherboard that is the problem. Unfortunately, you can't easily buy spare motherboards in the market, unless you stumble upon a defective phone of the same model that has a different defect, like the defective phones being sold in Ebay.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I often feel this but I usually give the item a bit more time to sink in and to allow me to find more use for it. For example, I once bought expensive headphones no immediately upon arrival I was second guessing myself on whether or not I should have spent as much for just headphones, but now that I've had it for half a year, I'm finding myself using it more and more and I'm actually happy with my experience enough to be happy with the amount I paid for it.