Buyers/Sellers Beware of Highly Rated Members

Discussion in Online Shopping started by tinyfang • Mar 13, 2014.

?

Have you ever been scammed on EBay?

1. Yes and they got away with it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, but I managed to recover my losses

50.0%
  3. No, fortunately I was smart about it

50.0%
  1. tinyfang

tinyfangMember

Threads:
    Hi everyone...

I would like to share a tip. Before you buy an item from a seller, just glancing at their rating is not enough. It may look like the member has a 100% perfect rating, but the real question is: what are they getting perfect ratings for?

As a member of eBay since 2003, I have come across many profiles where they have 100% ratings, but upon looking at their ratings, I noticed that many of them are selling 1 cent virtual items on 1 day auctions with no buy out price. This means the listing is free. Since the members in question are selling and buying 1 cent items on a 1 day basis, it's easy to get many perfect ratings in a short period of time and only spending a tiny amount of money. So be on the look out for these sort of sellers and buyers.

I hope this tip is useful for you. Also, if you have anything to add, please do. Thanks.

2. micah13

micah13Member

Threads:
    Wow. Thank you very much for submitting that tip, I had no idea that was possible on Ebay. I generally check their ratings and reviews before I consider getting anything they offer because I've dealt with rude Ebayers before who I feel are only in it for a quick buck and once it's in your hands it's your problem and they're not responsible for the item not being what they sold it as. Thanks again!