Buying 2nd Quality Plants

Discussion in Home & Garden started by cluckeyo • Jun 5, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I like to go to the nursery at Lowe's and look at the pretty plants and flowers. Sometimes I buy one. But recently I learned a great way to save when purchasing these plants. There a clearance section toward the back of the store. They sell them cheap! These plants are either Overstock, or they might just need a little TLC. They actually have a pretty good selection and you may can find just what you are looking for. I have bought several and after some time and care, they have become beautiful plants!

2. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I did this one year when I was late buying annuals for the garden. All of the annuals were on sale and were quite in need of some TLC. I took them home and planted them. I religiously watered and fertilized them with Miracle Grow and they were absolutely gorgeous. It just goes to show, that with the right soil, water and conditions you can bring back any plant that looks like it might not look as nice as the others. I saved a lot of money and am considering doing this when I look for some perennials for my garden.