Buying a new printhead vs buying a new printer

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lindbergh • Apr 3, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought a Brother MFC J220 printer in June last year. And come March this year, it encountered the "Unable to Init 4F" error thus making the printer unable to print or do any other functions like scan and photocopy. I tried resetting the darn thing and it still didn't work. I brought it to a shop and they said that the printhead was no longer working. Man, it's not even a year. Oh, by the way, I no longer can claim a warranty because I converted my printer to a continuous ink system to save on ink.

Do you think that I should purchase a new printhead and have my printer repaired? Orr should I just get a new printer instead?

2. DreamWave

DreamWaveNew Member

Threads:
    I guess it all comes down to the prices for the printer and the print head.
    Don't think that buying a new printer will fix all your problems. It might turn up to be just as unreliable as this one.

The way I see it, the only thing you get from a new printer is a new warranty, which is not something to look over. A warranty means you don't have to worry for another year, at least.
    So.. you have to decide if the price difference is worth the warranty or not.