Buying A Workout Program Is Never Worth It.

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by ScipioPro • Feb 22, 2015.

1. ScipioPro

ScipioProMember

Threads:
    I just wanted to get it across that paying for workout programs is never worth it. Most of these programs are carbon copies of each other, and the only real benefit they bring is organization of a selective pool of exercises. These exercises are slight variations that could have been thought of by normal people, or could have been researched on the internet. I woudln't recommend paying a dime for any of them.

2. lordrenly

lordrenlyActive Member

Threads:
    Agreed, most of the workout programs have the same basics as the one that you can search online on fitness forums. I was able to see one of my friends' workout program that they bought, only to see that the exercises, diet programs, stretching routines are almost the same as the one that I looked up on some fitness forums online. Also, I have been doing some of those free programs that I could find on the internet and the result was surprisingly good. So I agree that you won't gain anything by spending money for it.

3. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Eh, I'd agree somewhat only because some workout programs are tailored for certain people. Like if you want an extreme workout (like insansity or P90x) or something milder, there are plenty of good workout programs that are worth it if you stick with it. Youcan just google the exercises, but it's easier for me to stay productive if I know exactly what the program and workout will be. Following the plan so to speak. That might not be something you need, but makes working out a lot easier for others.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't agree with buying diet programs or workout programs - shakes, classes, workout DVDs or programs are mostly scams to take your money and they never work as they are supposed to. They will later tell you it is your own fault because you were not consistent or made enough effort, but they rarely work for most people so it's their fault.

5. blues

bluesMember

Threads:
    To be fair, I do feel that most people who buy the programs are trying to get back into exercise and they would expect results to be quick and easy. I think most programs have you do something every day or every other day (the ones I've experienced), and that's usually more than most newcomers can handle.

Even though I regularly exercise (despite some long breaks in between...), I usually have to skip an entire workout once or twice a week (if it's an every day thing) because I'm too busy with school/work/something. When I had the time to do a program consistently for a month, I saw pretty good results with just the workouts and not their advertised drinks/meals. I've since not been able to do that again and just do a random workout whenever I have time now. I still can see the muscles that formed but they're harder to see. Plus, I've been eating more and diet plays a huuuuge part in how a body will look. I've heard that diet is what shapes the body and exercise is what tones it.

6. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If they weren't worth it, then they wouldn't be sold in the first place. The very fact that they sell multiple copies of their program or routine means that people are willing to pay for them. That means that those individuals find these programs valuable, and therefore "worth it". So it's erroneous to say that all workout programs are bad purchases.

7. MoneyMan

MoneyManMember

Threads:
    I agree. If a program requires you to use money to better yourself, it probably is not worth it. I would suggest doing the 5x5 Strong Lift. There is an app on the appstore that explains everything about it. Im a month in and can already see the results! Good Luck!

8. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Agreed, there's plenty of excellent free workout routines out there. You could also just seek advice from other fitness enthusiasts online for free.

What is much more important is staying committed to a healthy diet and regular exercise routine.

9. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with you. There are lots of free exercise and workout programs in Youtube. I find them effective. I don't know if you agree with me but I find this weight loss exercise and I lost some found in my belly.

10. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    I've thankfully never bought any workout program but I know many people who have. I don't really understand why do they it though. There are many free programs and very few things deserve a purchase (Starting Strength, etc). I'm pretty sure many people buy programs mainly for convenience because they also include a diet and some tips that will be more effective. I guess most people are just too lazy to research things.

11. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    Thank you for pointing that out. I'm a fitness enthusiast and I'm following various fitness stars os Instagram of Facebook and I've always seen their ads for their workout programs and I was wondering if those pricey could really offer me some new information that I couldn' find by doing a Google search.

12. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    On the other hand -- I feel like maybe if people paid money for it, they'd be more committed to sticking through it, to get their value of money.

I would not really pay for a program, though. Like you say -- resources are available for free on the net, you just have to find them and pick the best ones for your needs!

13. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I have nothing against people who buy workout programs, maybe they find it valuable and worth their money. For me, why buy if I can have it for free. There's a lot of workout programs in YouTube, I know cause I have tried doing it. Like everybody -- there's a lot of free available resources on the net. Just find the best ones that is right for you and then you can go on shaking and dancing to burn all those fats away.

14. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You don't need to spend any money at all. Just eat sensibly and get yourself on You Tube, where there are hundreds of thousands of workout videos to choose from.