Buying At Amazon

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by to7update • Dec 28, 2016.

1. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I've bought both from Amazon and eBay and I know they are reliable retailers, but purchasing technology is something different and I preferred to buy directly from a retailer that also has a physical store close to me. I know this is not necessary, but in case something goes wrong I have someone to talk to.

2. haudenschield

haudenschieldNew Member

Threads:
    I bought 2 smartphones from Amazon with a 1 year warranty.
    They work great. I've had them for about 8 months.
    One is mine and the other is my husbands.

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never had any reason to buy a smartphone from Amazon; but if I needed one, I would not hesitate to do so. I have purchased many other kinds of technical devices and electrical items, and very seldom had any problems. Anytime there was a problem, Amazon either replaced the item with a new one or refunded my money, so either way, I didn't lose anything.
    I think that Amazon is one of the most reliable places to purchase from online, and we have the Prime account, so we never even have to pay any shipping.
    If you are buying something that you need to look at first, then using a local store is probably an excellent idea. That way, if you were buying a phone, you can actually see the size, weight, and even a demonstration of how it works if you want that.
    Otherwise, checking out the item on Amazon is a great solution. They also have refurbished items, and those are a whole lot cheaper than buying new ones at full-price.

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Knowing fully well that Amazon is a very popular site for buying items I wouldn't feel insecure ordering stuffs from the site. With their reputation over the years I would trust to get a good phone there coupled with the guarantee. So far the phones I have used I didn't buy any online. If I can get a good deal on Amazon I may get one from there next time.

5. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Well is, but it's technology we are talking about, and buying it in my country makes me feel reassured that my SIM card will work there properly, that I have someone I can go to in case of problems, and I even got a discount in other services I have with them, so for my it was the best deal.

6. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    I have definitely tried Amazon and I have definitely tried E-bay. I honestly do not see why people seem to prefer Amazon over E-bay these days. The great deals I have gotten off of E-bay make Amazon's cheapest discount clearance prices look like an absolute joke. I mean, it was the best one!

7. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Even though I haven't purchased any smartphones from Amazon I bought a new 4G wingle a few months back. The device is working fine and I also got a discount to the tune of 20%. At first I was quite skeptical about this as the same wingle was selling at a higher price in eBay. But when I checked the customers' feedback section there were no negative feedbacks and went ahead.

I think before going ahead it's good to take some time to read comments from other buyers. The feedback section is very active in Amazon.

8. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Actually that's a fact getting a phone one is sure to accept local SIM card and work good. This may just be one good point to purchase a phone locally. With that said, I haven't had any issue of a SIM card not fitting into my phone locally or even when I travel with it.

9. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yes because maybe you are in a country that has Amazon locally? Just recently I have bought an hotspot and came with the card, but it doesn't work. So I needed to get support and it wasn't easy to solve. Just imagine if I've bought that in Amazon, how complicated would that be?

10. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    A few years ago I used to do a lot of shopping online (more even than I should... which wasn't good :(), but gradually (for no apparent reason) I slowed down, and nowadays, I hardly buy anything online. But by the time I bought it, Amazon was one of my favorite sites. Their service is very competent. :cool:

11. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    What kinds of issues? What kinds of items were you having problems with? Help us out here with a warning of what we should watch out for. That's one of the big benefits of this site is being able to share deals, offers, praises, and even warnings, so we can all enjoy better shopping.

Thankfully, I haven't had any problems with Amazon. I consider it a well trusted site. I don't usually buy from third party sellers either though. I usually buy from Amazon directly, or its sponsored sellers that have items eligible for Prime. I'm not going to pay for shipping if I don't have to.

12. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    If you are a homesteader who loves Vegetable and fruit gardening, Do not buy seeds at Amazon.com because many seeds there are scam. tradewindsfruit.com is the best source for vegetable and fruit seeds. I only go to Amazon to buy music, electronics, groceries, cosmetics , books,ebooks and movies. Amazon.com is the worst place to find heirloom vegetables,fruits and flower seeds. It is the worst place for that.

13. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I really feel safe buying on amazon,and just got use to their system over the years,and bought mostly used and new books here,although my budget has changed quite a bit over the years,and now I only buy used books. They are so cheap, I really don't have to worry about sending them back,but they are usually pretty new looking with only a few stickers to peel off.

14. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, Amazon has been growing with us since 1994, can you believe it? I love their product pages, they are awesome, and the service is totally reliable.There aren't any reasons not to like Amazon really, I never had a single problem with it.

15. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I've never had problems either, which is why I like it so much. Shopping from home is very convenient, especially with a trusted site. I even signed up for Prime, which turned out to be a good decision.

The only issues I have are with Prime video. I don't like the layout, and I don't like how they use the recommended feature to try to sell me something. Let me watch the stuff I already paid for first. Then again, upselling is expected these days, so it's not a huge thing. They try to upsell in other areas too, such as "customers who bought this also bought..." It's the name of the game in sales.

You do get a lot for your money with Prime though, so overall, I like it.

16. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Very true. Warranty is usually a part of mobile manufacturing company. I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy On5 through Flipkart which is cheaper than Amazon. I got a brand new mobile without any issues. It also has one year warranty on mobile and six months on accessories. It was in fact a good deal for me. It is the first mobile I bought online as I was quite skeptical about product quality. The delivery time was quite good and I received the packet in good condition.

When I checked other items I found that Flipkart is a lot cheaper than other shopping sites. So now I decided to stick with Flipkart.

17. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    That's the thing, Amazon is an established brand, but whenever they introduce a new product we trust it immediately, even if it's not working perfectly, like that case you mention with Prime video. Just being under the Amazon roof gives it another credibility.

18. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    I have never had any problems with Amazon and I have bought a good amount of items from there. I just make sure to check reviews before I buy and I'm normally fine. My mother had a problem buying a phone from Amazon the other day but they allowed it to be returned to be fixed, she was not satisfied after that and they gave her a full refund.

19. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have seemed to have gone in waves when it comes to my Amazon shopping. A little while back I was getting everything there, then it went down and now it is more for those things that I forget, like gifts. It might be spiking up soon though since we are moving here soon.

20. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I believe Amazon doe's offer a credible level of service, therefore, I would suggest that you should not have any undue fear when purchasing from Amazon in comparison to any other similar online sites. The reputation and goodwill that they have developed didn't happen by chance. It was derived from the type of service they have offered down the years.