Buying At Amazon

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by to7update • Dec 28, 2016.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    @to7update@to7update Yes, that's certainly something to think about. I guess it is easy to trust products just because they come from a trusted store or online shop. It is prudent to do a bit of research before making a purchase though. I like to read reviews from verified buyers. I also like to have a look at some reviews outside Amazon as well, if applicable. They don't always make the difference, but sometimes they are helpful.

I'm more prone to do the above with higher priced items, but I guess I should learn to start researching everything. Even though I've had good luck with Amazon, it would be a pain to have to go through the return process. I'd rather avoid all that if possible, even if they are good about returns and refunds.

#41Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  2. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Pretty much. For me it doesn't really matter if it's coming from Amazon, because I know that even the big brands can mess up, being Microsoft the best example haha. So basically, nothing like checking is everything is in order before making a purchase with the money it was so hard for us to earn, or else we might never get it back.

3. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Beast_Titan@Beast_Titan I agree with you, as I have tried it and found out the same from Amazon last month. The seeds of green chili did not give me any result which were probably not meant for this season against what they claimed. I was later told by locals that in most cases chilli seeds do not germinate here easily. So that was a waste of money for me.

#43Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  4. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Amazon is good for buying electronics, kitchen gadgets,clothes,digital goods and other stuff but it is indeed the worst place for buying seeds. You will either get seeds that won't germinate or end up having plants you didn't expect. There are better other online stores there for buying seeds and those are the sites meant for selling seeds as Ebay and Lazada are terrible when it comes to seeds too.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Beast_Titan@Beast_Titan I agree, Amazon is certainly not the right place for seeds. I later bought them from searching local listing at Gumtree and ultimately found few good sellers beside offline stores like Eden Store and Hubble Barn etc. I think with my past few experiences at Amazon I would have to be a little more choosy.

#45May 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
  6. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    Depends who you are buying from. If Amazon are selling the product then I'm sure they offer some sort of protection in case the phone breaks or does not work as it is supposed to. If it is an individual seller then it is up to them to offer you some sort of warranty. Not sure if Amazon does anything to protect buyers against malfunctioning tech. Considering Amazon are a large company I'm sure they offer some sort of warranty or protection so I would go ahead with the purchase ;)

7. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    The only thing I have bought on Amazon is books. I prefer ebay when it comes to buying online. Its not like I don't like buying from Amazon, the problem is with delivering products, Amazon does deliver most of the products to my country because of custom issues. Sometime Amazon does not even deliever books, and I end up buying ebooks.

8. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We buy from Amazon fairly often, and very seldom have any problems, and when there are issues, then Amazon will take care of things right away.
    No matter where you buy a product, there will always be some that are defective, and have to be returned or replaced. Amazon has an excellent return policy, and often does not even require you to send back the defective product. We bought one of those Pocket Hose stretchable hoses through Amazon, and there was some sort of a clog in the hose and it didn't expand like it was supposed to do. When we alerted Amazon, they immediately refunded the money, and we just purchased another hose.
    Last week, we ordered one of those folding keyboards, and it works except on several of the letters, which don't type right. You can't use a keyboard when some of the characters don't type, and I have contacted the seller twice now, to see if they will send us a replacement.
    So far, we have not heard back from them, so today, it is time to involve Amazon. I am sure that the money will be refunded right away once I do that, and then we will have to buy a different keyboard.