Buying Bargain Movies

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Zyni • Nov 18, 2014.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So, there's a movie someone on my Christmas list wants, and I figured I'd get it for them. I found that Walmart has the movie but it's in their bargain bin. The bargain bin in question is literally a giant box filled with movies that cost $5. Both the original movie and the sequel, which I thought I'd pick up too, are in there. My question is would you dig through a giant bin like that, go through all those movies to get to the one(s) you want, or would you just order it online (likely spending more on the movie itself as well as spending extra for shipping)?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would dig through the bargain bin if I was sure that the movie was in there. It looks like you know that the movies are in there, so go for it.
    If I was looking at the Plexiglas sides of the dump bin and I could see that the movie was in there, I would definitely dig for it. I think it's worth a little effort to get the right movie for $5 and not have to deal with shipping.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I love bargain bins but honestly if I were trying to find something specific then I'd be a bit hesitant unless I had time to spare and I'm looking to get a few other discoveries along the way. I like rummaging through these bins because it's an excellent way of finding less popular movies. That said, I think it just depends on how sure you are that it is indeed in there and how big the bin really is. If it would take you more than an hour to look for it I'd say just buy it online unless, like I said, you enjoy digging and discovering like I do.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Of course, I would dig through a giant bin like you describe. First of all, I love surprises, and you never know what might be hiding at the bottom of such a magic bin, and secondly, I will be able to take the movies home with me immediately, wrap them up and give them to my friend. I don't have to bother searching online, getting all worked up over high shipping costs, or possible delays of the delivery during the busy pre-Christmas season.

5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually like to explore bargain bins, but this one is pretty big lol. It's a little bit intimidating. Like you guys said though, there might be some good stuff in there, and it's probably worth the dig (if it doesn't take forever). I was told that the movies are in there, so I hope they really are.

I love that, Dora... "what might be hiding at the bottom of such a magical bin." haha. That's a great bargain finding attitude!

Okay, I think you guys talked me into it. I'll at least give it a try. They are really good movies, and therefore a great deal at $5 each.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I was already there at the mall, then for sure I would also rummage that bin to avail of the cheap price of the movie. The only reason I would pass up on that chance is when there are also a lot of people rummaging it, so it's gonna be a hassle if I rummage along with them.