Buying Books On Amazon

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by pafjlh • Feb 15, 2015.

1. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I know that we can get some Kindle e-books for free on Amazon but I am referring to physical books. Have you ever loved a book in the past and wondered if you could find it say on Amazon. I have and have been able to find that book there. Sometimes for a great buy like for just a penny. Yes, there will be shipping and handling on the book but even at that its still a fraction of the cost for the book then when it was actually for sell. So, finding books on Amazon can be a savings, and they do have a whole large selection including books from years ago.

2. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I also love shopping for books on Amazon just because of the pricing alone. Even books that are just released, the prices are really cheap. The only thing that you would worry about is the shipping and handling since you can't expect free shipping if you're item is less than $35.

3. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I buy books on Amazon all the time. The prices are always right and the selection is awesome. Though I really enjoy going to a bookstore or library so I can flip through the pages and read bits, if I know I like the author and/or I know I want the book, I just get it with a click of a button.

4. Beautyspin

BeautyspinMember

Threads:
    I bought one book from Amazon (It is a technical book) and found that it was not formatted properly. I chatted with the customer service rep and told her that I do not want a refund, I just wanted this formatted properly. A week later they updated the book with the correct formatting and also gave me a credit of $10 towards purchasing Original Kindle books. So my experience has been good with them.

5. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    All my books come from Amazon. :)
    I buy them second hand, but they always seem brand new to me....
    I get that at ridiculous prices... 3$, 5$.... Even with shipping it pays off big time :cool:

If you're based outside of the U.S. you'll have to go through a bunch of sellers to find one that provides International Shipping, but I've always been able to find one ;)

6. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon is where I mostly buy my books these days, and I've been satisfied with every purchase. Although I have purchased a few Kindle e-books, I like to read more from tangible books than e-books because it doesn't hurt my eyes as much and is more engaging. In my personal experience, Amazon has far cheaper books than most online sell/buy sites, and some books are even free to download if one has Kindle.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Amazon is great. For those who are unwilling to take risks, this certainly is the best place to buy books. For me though, since I hardly ever buy NEW books, I seek out better deals elsewhere. Sometimes I find [out that] books are cheaper on half.com or thriftbooks.com. You guys need to check out those two sites if you want to save even more cash.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I too LOVE Amazon. I'd probably spend way more money and time on there if I had the money. I've seen many books (actual books) going for ridiculous prices, and yes if they were books I wanted I'd be straight in there. I think I'd sooner buy from Amazon than Ebay these days.

9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I don't buy books on Amazon or any other marketplace online. I love going to a local bookstore and look for the newest novels that I could purchase, getting lost at the paradise of literature. It's euphoric.

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Amazon is every book collector's dream store. You can find different covers of your favorite novels as well as rare books for sale. Buyers have the option to purchase a brand new copy or a used one. The Amazon interface also assists buyers in choosing a price or bargain that fits their budget.

11. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only ordered off Amazon once. Their shipping rates are way too expensive for me, so I prefer Book Depository. They have almost everything Amazon has (sometimes more), and even though they have their books a little bit more expensive (only around a dollar or so, iirc), they offer free worldwide shipping, so it's the better option for me.

12. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I have ordered books from Amazon a couple of times. It is ok but because of the expensive shipping cost I havent used it form quite some time. I prefer to buy books from National bookstores or any other book shops near my area.