Buying Bread Or Making One At Home?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by NicholasMukuha • Oct 4, 2017.

1. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    We either bake or buy breads from outside. It's by occasion that my wife bakes bread. It is of course clean, nutritious and healthier. When we buy breads when we need some for it's convenient. It's also nutritious for we know how it's being prepared.

2. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer buying my bread for breakfast and not baking it. It's more economical and less stressful for me and I definitely can't put myself through the struggles of making my own bread.

Well on the note of it's healthier, I would leave that to the food and drug agency to determine and decide that. This is because if the bakery is not hygienic in the first place, they wouldn't be allowed to bake in the first instance.

3. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Well I guess that the healthier bread is the one that is made at home but making the bread at home will not help you in saving money at all, the price of the ingredients are almost the same as the price of a bread from the market, so, I do not think is worth to cook bread at home, besides it has the same price I would lose time to cook it!

4. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Well, even I will prefer chapati over bread. After all health purpose too that one is more good. I guess oven and all stuff will make it bit hard to make it at home, at least it sounds like that to me for now. Chapati is far more easy to make, and I guess money wise too one have more advantage for it.

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to have a bread machine, and with that , bread making is so simple because you just dump all of the ingredients into the machine, turn it on and let it do all of the work. Most bread machines also have a timer, so you can load it up with the ingredients at night, and wake up to a hot loaf of fresh bread in the morning.
    Both my usband and myself have started to cut the unnecessary (and unhealthy) carbs from our diet, and we are also eating less bread, and only buy the whole grain bread when we do buy it.
    We also buy the flatbread and use that in place of regular bread, and since this does not require and oven, it is something that I would like to learn to make at home.

6. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried making bread at home but not with much success. Even if I succeed I would prefer buying it as we get many varieties of bread and almost nextdoor. Breadmaking is quite cumbersome and one needs time too.

7. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    There are countries which enjoys bread and is a source of their carbohydrates intakes while others have rice as staple food and some enjoys corn. These are all good source of energy for their carbohydrates contents and minerals too. Actually I love all these three, but as much as I want to bake bread I'm afraid that I don't have the skill needed and the basic equipment too. But if ever, I'd really love to bake my own bread.

8. Liezeliezel

LiezeliezelNew Member

Threads:
    I often buy bread every weekday and make bread every weekend because I don't have enough time to cook every weekday morning. I also don't think that making a bread at home makes you saved more money, honestly, I think the ingredients for making a bread is more expensive and needs a lot of work while buying a bread is more practical, you only need to do is go to bakery, buy a bread, go home and eat it.

9. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Bread doesn't cost much and I find it cheaper to just buy a loaf of bread or sweet bread than buying more ingredients than you'll need because let's face it, you'll end up buying more ingredients than you need and you won't even use them for anything else. I say make your own bread if you KNOW you'll use the leftover ingredients.

10. prettypal

prettypalNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer homemade whole wheat bread, but it's not practical to bake bread for breakfast. We have bread only once or twice a week, especially on a lazy Sunday. But I love to bake fruity bread with lots of nuts and chocolates for teatime.

11. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    When I am short on time, I tend to get a loaf from the supermarket for easiness. As I was a baker I do enjoy making my own bread when I can and it certainly tastes better than the shop bought ones. Shamefully I get my groceries delivered so I don't get to go to the local bakery as they would have quite yummy bread.

12. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I am not sure if making own our bread will make us wealthier, but it will be healthier. Buying the ingredients here might not cheaper than we buy the ready made bread in store, unless we buy those less expensive ingredients. but when we bake our own bread, we know what we add in and we can choose to leave out those which are not good for health. I would like to bake our own bread, but I can't afford to spend much time baking bread now with a baby with me. Buying bread is definitely more convenient for me now. Sometimes, whether or not to make things our own depends on our availability and convenience too, not so much about the cost.

13. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    @NicholasMukuha@NicholasMukuha Making bread at home will leave you healthier and wealthier. Although I don't know how to make bread at home, I think it is the best choice. Although I can make "Mandazi" and "Chapatis" (roti) at home learning how to make bread at home will be a bonus. :D

#33Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2017
  14. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Bread is really cheap to begin with and we live near 2 bakeries, so we just buy bread over here. The cost and effort of making one would not be practical in my book.

15. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    I can't bake bread at home since I don't have the tools and ingredients that's why I have to buy. I love trying different stores if how their bread tastes like. So when I love the taste, I keep coming back to that store with a hopeful heart to discover new sets of bread.