Buying Cheap Stuff

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by kitkat0124 • Oct 15, 2015.

1. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I enjoy buying different stuffs. I love going to the mall to look for a sale. But one time I bought jeans, its cheaper compare to other brands. After few weeks of using, it looks really old. I think sometimes in buying cheap stuffs you are not really saving money. Because the quality of the products suffer. I realized that i need to go for quality than the amount of the items. Now, I regret buying it. Does it also happen to anybody here, you buy something cheap then regret it afterwards?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most cheap things are cheap for a reason. The quality of the cheap item normally is questionable. While that certainly doesn't mean everything cheap is of inferior quality. I prefer to buy used most of the time because you are assured of the quality of whatever it is you are buying. If I'm lucky at times I find used stuff which is almost as good as new — save money but still get something that is of superior quality.

3. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    Usually the cheaper the regular price of a new item is, the cheaper the quality. I have found this to be true of clothing and toys. Also, many of those cheap quality items are made in sweat shops by underprivileged workers, and when we purchase those items as consumers we are creating a demand for such items to be made. I try to steer clear of cheaply made clothing and toys, because I know they will not last long.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    This has happened to me many times before. It's hard to determine sometimes when it's okay to buy cheap and when to pay more for better quality. I've bought products that are cheap that ended up being great purchases that lasted for years, and I've also bought some expensive items that ended up being a disappointment that broke down after only one or two years of use. I think luck also comes into play as there are bargains we come across that end up giving us products we can buy for cheap but can use for a lifetime.

5. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I try not to get things that are overly cheap. I did a few times before and had nothing but bad experiences. Now I'd rather save up for higher quality things instead of buying cheap stuff.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some cheap items last for a decent amount of time while some don't, I bought an mp3 player inEbay and it lasted only a few hours before the buttons start malfunctioning, so when it comes to electronic items I think you should always buy the branded or more expensive one.