Buying Clothes At Aldi Or Lidl

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Theo • Jul 1, 2016.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Recently these stores have upped their styles and quality. I admit you have to sift through things, and the packaging is basic, but the quality is not bad at all. I got 7 pairs of trainer socks in black for £3.99 and also 3 t-shirts for £5. It's worth having a look early as the sizes and stock are limited, and don't be put off by the packaging.

2. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I've noticed they seem to be selling a lot of clothes lately. One store near me sells a lot of manual type work wear, including thick fluorescent jackets and steel toe capped shoes and boots which I would think are a lot cheaper there than they are elsewhere, although whether the quality would be as good I'm not sure. I managed to get several pairs of slippers there for £1-£3 last year too which made for some nice gifts for friends and family at the time!

3. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    Oh, you can definitely find cheap clothes in Aldi or Lidl. I often find good quality kid's boots and pants there for a really good deal.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hmmm that is interesting, I don't think the Aldi's near me, even sells clothes. They do tend to sell a lot of housewares, and things to be used around the home. I bought a barbecue grill there as a matter of fact. I don't go there that often as it is 45 minutes away from here but next time I do, I will check and see if any clothing is there.

5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Like, @Ke Gordon@Ke Gordon I don't get to Aldi very often, since there isn't one nearby. The last few times I've gone though, I don't remember seeing much in the way of clothing. I do remember some winter items once, such as hats, scarves, gloves, and boots, all of which seemed decent and reasonably priced.

I'll have to be on the lookout for the socks next time I go. My youngest prefers black socks, so those would work out perfectly. Might grab some for myself as well. Sounds like a really good deal too, since most socks are about a buck a pair any more (at least for decent ones).

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that Aldi's at different places in the world features different items. I know in Australia for instance, they feature cellphones, calling cards etc. where they don't have that here. In the US they just started accepting credit cards, and I think they have done that in other areas for a while. Also, foods that enjoyed by a certain area, are generally featured in that store

7. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sure of it. That's even true of different neighborhoods, in fact. My mother has more than one Aldi within a reasonable distance, so she likes to check them all out from time to time. While they offer many of the same items, each one tends to have different things as well.

She's gotten all kinds of cool stuff. One of her recent purchases was a pressure cooker, which she loved, so she bought me one too (and one for my brother). She has lucked out on clothes, household goods, and a variety of items including toys at Christmas time. I'm guessing a lot of the "extras" are seasonal items.

She picks up things for other people and for work too. People can't believe how much money she saves.