Buying clothes at hypermarkets

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Gelsemium • Mar 6, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A few years ago it sounded funny to buy clothes where we buy the groceries and cereals, but hypermarkets more and more have better quality clothing at the best prices. I buy there whenever I can because I feel those are great bargains. Do you buy clothes at hypermarkets as well?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I still find it really weird. It doesn't bother me if it's stores like Super Walmarts that have groceries on one side and are a full store on the other. To see racks of clothing in a grocery-only store, though, is kind of odd. I did buy things like pantyhose and underwear at one before, but not any major clothing.

3. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I used to do that, but for some reason, I eventually got turned off from it. My usual experience is that most of the clothes I buy from hypermarkets do not really last long. If you try to calculate its value against the price you paid, you will realize that you really did not save anything since you have to buy new clothes more often.

I think it depends on which hypermarket we are talking about. I'm sure there are hypermarkets out there that ensure their products are of good quality.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a habit of buying clothes at hypermarkets... Stores like Forever 21, Charlotte Russe and H&M have clothes just as affordable and better quality, not to mention cuter and trendier in general! But I have bought basic items at places like Walmart before. Basic t-shirts for working out and those blouses you use underneath your clothes are pretty decent quality at Walmart! However, I have never bought stuff like pants, jeans or shirts.

5. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I know what you mean isabbbela, I don't go to the hypermarket to buy clothes on purpose, but being there I sometimes buy them, especially clothes for kids that are super cheap and the quality is pretty similar to the ones of regular stores.