Buying Clothes at Wal-mart is a bad idea

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by dashboardc33 • Apr 29, 2013.

1. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I have had nothing but bad luck when it comes to Wal-mart, especially with their clothes. I have come to the conclusion that buying clothes at Wal-mart is just not a good idea. They seem to only last about one washing before they completely fall apart. In the long run, buying clothes at Wal-mart is even more expensive than buying a high priced quality item because you are replacing them so often. Has anyone else bought clothes at Wal-mart and regretted it?

2. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I'm sorry to hear you have had such a bad experience with Walmart's clothing! I buy all of my jeans there because they always have LEI jeans that fit perfectly for around $20. They last just as long as any other pair of jeans. I also pick up camis and t-shirts there, and I haven't noticed them falling apart any more quickly than any other clothing that I have bought. In fact, the absolute worst quality of clothing that I think I have ever seen is the clothing at American Eagle!

3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I usual stick to retail stores that are specialized in clothes only, so i know that they are good enough. I don't know why, but i never got a good experience when buying clothes in major chain department stores.

4. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    Maybe it depends on what name brand you are getting. I have bought t-shirts there that are of very bad quality. Bu they also were a very low price. So in this case you cannot expect very much. As far as jeans, I have never had any problems with the quaity of the jeans. But I think overall denim is a pretty durable material. So I think you just can't go wrong anyway. As far as the tennis shoes, they are crap. For lack of a better word, they are just very poorly made. And they last at best three months before the rubber sole falls apart. But to be honest we are talking about Walmart. This is a discount store. You canot expect very much of some of the clothes you buy there.

5. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    It all depends....I only buy a few select things at walmart, but the clothing I have bought there has been good enough in quality for what you pay. Didn't fall apart or anything like that, so I guess my luck was okay.

6. vshah1585

vshah1585Banned

Threads:
    Why did you went Walmart? As there are so many online stores offering clothes with latest fashion at best price. It is a good option to buy your clothes from an online store because they offer cash on delivery and free return options now.

7. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    Buying cheap clothes in general is not worth it, especially those super cute clothes from China that look nothing like the real thing and are terrible quality. Not only do you waste time and money buying cheap clothes, you'll just have to spend more time and money replacing the clothes when they fall apart. Quality over price has to be taken into consideration for some things, and clothes are one of those things for me.

8. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I've never shopped at walmart, but I've had a similar experience with the clothes from K-mart. They just fall apart way too quickly to be worth the savings.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They're made as cheaply as possible, that's the point. Walmart is a very unethical company so I don't give them my money.. the cheaply made clothing is just the beginning of my problems with them.

10. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    My grandma once bought me a pair of skechers' sneakers for my bday at walmart. When she went home , they're not of the same pair! :-( Totally ridiculous. The sales people over there should be watched.

11. avadarling

avadarlingMember

Threads:
    Buying clothes at walmart is almost like buying clothes at kmart. Not that I am too good for either of them, I just feel that the quality of them are not as good as they should be. I choose to shop at target as I feel that the clothes are more in fashion and last a lot longer.

12. riku517

riku517New Member

Threads:
    I usually buy jeans from K-Mart. I tend to only buy jeans from K-Mart when the good quality pairs are on sale. As far as shopping for clothes at Wal-Mart, I usually avoid it due to previous experiences by family members buying "high quality" t-shirts for cheap and then realizing they were cheap because they were made cheaply.

13. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have bought a few clothing items at Walmart. Walmart clothing don't last very long. If they survive a few washings, they develop little lint balls. It's worth it to spend a few more dollars at Ross, Marshall or TJ Maxx or something similar for better quality clothes.

14. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I am also really sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience with Walmart.
    I would recommend to just go there in person to see the quality. For example if you order online the fit might be weird but in person you can check the material and see how it holds up against your body,
    Good luck!

15. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    I can't say that the quality of Walmart clothing is too poor.I have bought running shorts from them, that lasted my entire high school track career. However, I am a big fan of "quality over quantity". Now, I'm not saying that all over priced clothing is better quality, but certain name brands...well you know what you're getting. In terms of jeans. I will shop thrift stores as well as regular retail stores. I have only several pairs of jeans, but they are Levi's and American Eagle. They are still in excellent quality.

However, I buy many inexpensive outfits for my 18 month old at Walmart. They seem to hold up pretty well, but I wash all of her clothes on the gentle cycle. which I would suggest you try. Although, the quality of the clothes MAY be low, the way you wash your clothes and the type of detergent you use, also determines how long certain clothes you use will last

16. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I think that Walmart has some very nice clothing and I buy there all the time. The prices are great and they carry all sorts of styles. I love the there blouses, jeans and leggings and will buy them all the time for my children as well.

17. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    I always knew that buying clothes at Wal-Mart was a bad idea. I don't think they are necessarily cheap or anything, but no one wants to be seen purchasing something out of wal-mart from the clothing isle. However the only upside purchasing clothes from Wal-Mart may have is how cheap in price they are. You can get a cool outfit from Wal-Mart for about $20.

18. Dylansmom

DylansmomNew Member

Threads:
    Yea, I would never buy clothes from Walmart. I don't even think I have ever seen anything there I would want to buy personally. Now I will buy from Target though.

19. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    I'm not going to say that buying clothes at Wal-Mart is a bad idea, I think actually being seen shopping at Wal-Mart is a bad idea. I mean if you are seen shopping at Wal-Mart I think that is what gives you that feeling or look as if you are a cheap buyer or something. Other than that I think everything should be cool.