Buying clothes from the supermarket?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by lucyarty • Jan 10, 2015.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I regularly shop in SM hypermart, the biggest supermarket chains here. They have a section for clothes and footwear plus household items like appliances. I have noticed their clothes and footwear are cheap and affordable maybe because their target is the masses. I sometimes buy shirts and blouse for our housemaids as gifts but most of the time, I only buy household items.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I personally don't bother with supermarket clothes at all. I've seen some decent stuff in Asda, Sainsburys and Tesco, but for some reason, the sizing is always off. I think they sometimes take being generous with they sizes a bit too far, forgetting there are small grown ups out there LOL I mean, even the shoes tend to be too big for me. I never could get size 3s in supermarkets.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The clothes in the supermarkets in my home town are very expensive. If I wanted to buy new clothes I'd rather wait until I have some business in the nearest city and buy clothes there because they will be cheaper. But normally I usually get most of my clothes from thrift stores.

I buy socks in supermarkets from time to time though.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I
    I have bought clothes in super markets. I usually buy things like packs of socks, but I have also bought sweat shirts or Tshirts on occasion. Sometimes the prices are pretty good on these items, and since I am already shopping there, why not? It seems like one of the places you may be able to get a bargain,

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Mega Super Markets in some areas sell everything from food, clothes, wine, flowers everything you need for your home. I like the one stop shopping these types of stores provide so that you do not need to spend time going from one store to the other looking for things.

6. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    The only thing I ever bought at the supermarket was a sweater. Surprisingly, it's one of the best sweaters I've had and I still wear it today. I think I was lucky with that purchase, so I haven't bought any clothes at the supermarket since.

7. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought clothing at big box grocery stores such as Walmart, Meijer, and Target. I have found that sometimes the clothing I purchase there is low quality and does not last long. For example, I bought my husband a hooded sweatshirt for his favorite sports team from one once, and the zipper on it broke after the second use. However, I have found good quality undergarments for men and women at Target. Also, Walmart, Meijer, and Target each sell baby clothes by the Carter's brand, which is a quality brand for baby clothes. I think the key is to inspect the garment for quality before purchasing it, because you don't want to end up having to spend more money to replace it in the near future.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought anything yet from the supermarket that is made of fabric, but if ever I do happen to like an item of clothing there then I will sure buy it. I do notice that supermarket clothes aren't really cheap I saw some skinny jeans being sold at aound $11.

9. roarzie

roarzieMember

Threads:
    I never buy clothes from the supermarket anymore after a few tries. Not only they tend to be bland and generic, they are mostly bad quality as well and they rip apart easily or get destroyed while washing them. I'd rather spend a few more bucks on something which will last me longer and look better, thus saving money over time.