Buying Clothes In Advance

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by moondebi • Mar 18, 2017.

1. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    We will be having a festivity of our community in next four months or so. For that, we need to buy new clothes for the family members and friends. As buying many items at once makes a dent to monthly budget, so I’ve decided to spread it out.

In couple of days from now, all the branded stores here will offer big sale due to local New Year. Though it would be pretty much in advance but, I’m planning to buy most of the clothes during this sale. It will help me save some cash which I could use to buy more stuff.

Do you consider buying in advance to avail good offers?:)

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Buying in advance because of the sale may be a good idea but not really with clothes. Have you considered the sizes that may change in a matter of weeks? That applies not only to children but to adults as well who may lose or gain weight in that short period. For me, footwear or accessories are okay to be bought in advance but definitely not clothes.

3. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's a great way of saving considering during the festival it may get quite costly.

I don't think generally size may change that much provided you don't buy figure hugging clothes.

Infact you can buy almost three paira of clothes in half the prize during peek times . So definetely it is a good idea.

4. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Yes it's a good idea since you can save a lot. We also have a 3 day sale in most of our malls in our place especially every quarter and it's a good time for people to go shopping to save money. It's ideal to go shopping every first day of the sale so that you won't missed out the great deals and won't get left behind :)

5. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    This is not really something that I can say I do too often. However, if it means that I save a good amount doing it then by all means it is a good idea to me.

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I do not buy clothes in advance even when I have event coming. I make my clothes or buy them when the need for them arises. I think the culture of buying clothes in advance will only favor adult wearers. If clothes for growing children are gotten in advance there maybe problem trying to wear them as the tendency for the child to outgrow the clothes is there.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Definitely buy when there is a good sale for events, because you can save money, have a nice family time and later when children grow out of it, you can donate it to the thrift stores helping your community. Why not save money and enjoy the times getting what you need early? I love the things family can do together too while saving money, why not! :)

8. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, definitely. I always like to buy items that I find to be a good bargain, especially if they're cheap, even if I don't need it yet for the moment. It's always good to take advantage of good bargains if you have the money.

9. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Well, if I found good deal then yes why not to take advantage of the same. We can use them later on during festival season. It is just like purchasing cooler in winter for less price. LOL. Normally I don't prefer to take clothes in advance, but if we can make benefit in price then I won't mind either.

10. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    When I see sales like this, I tend to forget the whole purpose of it and purchase clothing that I don't really like just because it's very cheap so I end up giving it away or selling it for a very low price. Purchasing clothes in advance during huge sales can seem like a good idea but if you don't have self-control, it can end up hurting your wallet more.
    A new outfit along with shoes would cost around 80 dollars normally but 35 to 50 dollars on a huge sale. Sounds great but if you're an impulsive buyer, it's best to avoid sales and purchase an 80 dollar outfit than to purchase three outfits for around 130 dollars that you might not even wear.

11. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    This is a good idea in my opinion. If there is a good deal why not take advantage of it? There is no problem with the clothes being spoilt as food would be, so take the deal, gain the savings and store the clothes until it's required. All you may need to do is to ensure that there are no drastic changes in your size dimensions.

12. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I don’t usually buy clothes in advance. I have a tendency to wear it before the occasion comes. Yes, I can buy clothes a month before hand or a few weeks before the occasion. But not more than that.

13. Jessika

JessikaActive Member

Threads:
    Unless I need something urgently, I tend to buy my clothes at the end of the 'season' simply for the discounts. With the stores now leading so far ahead like having swimwear in at the start of February, they keep trying to clear out winter clothes while there's still a few months to wear them. It saves money to wait until those sales to pick them up.

14. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    It's a reasonable thing to do as long as you're not growing. I rarely buy clothes in advance but my parents always did that for me. I only buy it when I know something is coming up and I want a new look.

15. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I mostly buy out-of-season to save 50% to 70% on clothing, footwear, and accessories. Since I usually shop for clothes that are not likely to run out-of-style soon, I can confidently buy them months or even a year in advance. As early as now, I'm already stocking up for the next school year. Buying in advance doesn't just help me save, it also relieves me of the stress of shopping in a hurry and at a time when most people converge at the mall to buy school shoes, bags, uniforms, or whatever else they may need for class opening.

16. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I think that the responses here are pretty eye opening, and I would say that buying things in advance is usually a good idea, but you have to be careful to make sure that you will need it. I have made that mistake many a time.

17. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    If you know you are going to need a new outfit for something it is always best to shop in advance for it. If for example, you were going to a wedding it is best to know what you are going to wear beforehand. The same with any special event, to know what you will wear in advance will help you to know if you have to purchase any accessories to go with your outfit or if you can use accessories that you already have.

Buying on HP can also help to spread the payments. If money is an object, there is also your Mums, Sisters' or best friends wardrobe!

18. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Cost-conscious people are taking the opportunity to buy items which are sold in a Promo Sales period. They want to avail of the big discount for the items offered for sale. And it is indeed a great saving of money on their part.

Sometimes we are doing that when we have enough money to buy those items. And in the regular sales seasons, we couldn't get them in a discounted price. So my wife has a schedule for that sales like Closing Out Sales, Anniversary Sales, Summer Sales, and the like.

19. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Well, it's really tempting to buy clothes in advance to save some money, but the question remains? If we don't need those clothes just now, why are we buying them? I love to save some money, but if I am not sure I am wearing something or when I am going to wear it, I am not buying it!

20. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I seldom do that. Nowadays, we usually only buy new clothes for Chinese New Year, and there's always a big sale before Chinese New Year, and that is the time we go shopping for new clothes.

I used to think it might be a good idea to buy new clothes in advanced so we do not need to be rushing to get new clothes when it is crowded in the shopping mall, but I still didn't make it to buy them earlier. :p