Buying Clothes in Supermarkets

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by crimsonghost747 • Mar 15, 2014.

1. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    I've noticed that most supermarkets seem to have quite an entensive selection of clothes. I think many people view these clothes as lower quality, mainly because they are often cheaper than their more fashionable counterparts. I rarely buy my clothes from these places... actually I rarely buy clothes at all, but when I'm looking for something simple such as a new t-shirt the supermarket is a good place to look due to the great prices. For larger items (jeans, shoes etc) I go elsewhere.

Do you ever buy any clothes from these places?

2. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I will sometimes purchase flip-flops or basic items from WalMart. They have these Hanes pajamas and tees that are amazingly comfortable and cheap. Also, socks!

3. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I have also noticed this trend to stores offering a wider selection of goods. We have several supermarkets that offer a small selection of clothing, hardware and other goods.

If I am looking for T-shirts or socks, I will buy them anywhere if the price is right. I will not buy other clothing at a supermarket. If I were in a place like Walmart, I might buy something more if it is a quality brand that I know. I don't necessarily expect the quality of these items to be good, but if a T-shirt makes it through the summer, then it has done its job.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I very rarely buy clothes in supermarkets. It's not so much about the quality but rather the styles that don't hold much interest for me. Perhaps if I urgently need some socks or underwear, I might look into it, but apart from those little emergencies, I don't give the clothes in supermarkets a second glance. I prefer to shop in second-hand shops where I always find something unusual and appealing.

5. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Never. I don't think they're cheaper than clothes I can buy in specialized stores and usually the models are not than good either. Also, supermarkets have a huge flow of people that buy those clothes so the chances to meet people dressed the same on the street are quite high. I don't really want to look like someone else :p Sometimes I do grab a pair of socks or other utility clothing but for big pieces like dresses or the like I shop in other places. I don't think it's a bad thing to shop for clothes in the supermarket and I don't blame people for doing it, but honestly, if you want to spend your money well just go to the clothes store.

6. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I like buying clothes at supermarkets because they're much more affordable and they usually sell trend-less clothes. I avoid following trends because I don't like holding on to outdated clothes that used to be trendy. Therefore, I buy clothes that aren't really 'in', but I do buy clothes that I feel makes me look good and is comfortable. I like buying decent-looking clothes at supermarkets, and people still seem to like my fashion.

7. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    If the selection that is present in the supermarket is great then for sure I can buy something. But personally I like shopping for clothes in a mall because there are many stores to choose from. It is much better that way to choose what you like at different locations than being confined at one place.

8. sn1

sn1New Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't go to the supermarket for the sole purpose of purchasing clothing but when i'm buying my groceries if some clothes catch my attention i might buy it but that's rarely.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have only bought slippers and socks from the supermarket, I have never tried buying clothes there yet. I guess when I need some simple shirts and I saw one that I like, then I would probably buy there as well.

10. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, nearly all of my clothes are bought from supermarkets because they are cheap. I'm not a very fashion conscious person nor am I worried about quality. As long as they are wearable, I'll purchase them. Actually, there are quite a number of it which look great.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I love buying clothes from there, especially just basic ones like undershirts or plain shirts because I know I won't need them to be top quality. I try to buy anything I see that's on sale because it really is a lot cheaper than buying elsewhere. Unfortunately, I think not many people buy from these stores in my area as many of them have started to close down the clothing sections and only the grocery sections are left. Hopefully some will remain because it really is one of my favorite places to shop.

12. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Supermarket clothes are good for basics like socks and t-shirts. People do skip over them, but they are cheaper as they can bulk buy. I often look for a bargain when I am in store, and they tend to also have regular clearance items. Not all items are the latest trends, but sometimes you don't need them to be.

13. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do buy clothing in supermarkets to be honest. However I will only buy very basic items that nobody would tell are from grocery stores, like basic tank tops, leggings, and basic tees. They are not the best quality usually, but they are good for everyday use.

14. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    My closest supermarket is called Loblaws and it has a section of clothes called Joe Fresh. It's affordable trendy nice clothes. The clothes often go on sale and you can get t-shirts for under $5 and I've gotten jeans for under $10. I love that I can go to the grocery store and also pick up a new top or jeans at the same time. It also doubles my trip to the grocery store because I have to take a look at new clothes they have or at the clearance racks.

15. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I think that this is a pretty common trend as of late, and I cannot say that I am too surprised. It offers a quick and cheap option, which is something that a lot of people are looking for. I do not really buy much out of these stores, but if it is something simple like a white t-shirt or socks I can see myself indulging while I am already there.

16. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't see a lot of clothing in the grocery stores around here, other than supercenters like Walmart. The local store does have just a few things, such as hats, gloves, socks, and some kids t-shirts. They are all like a buck a piece. I've picked up some t-shirts as play clothes for the little ones when they come over.

The socks were actually nice, and the price was right.

17. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The SM supermarket, the biggest supermarket chain in the Philippines, has it own appliances and clothing section. It came to fore some years ago together with the furniture section. So you see that supermarket is almost complete. I sometimes buy clothes there but only for casual use because my haunt for expensive clothes are the stores in the mall. And in fairness to the clothesline of the supermarket, they are of good quality and cheap as well.

18. EllieTamal

EllieTamalNew Member

Threads:
    The supermarket clothes are probably not of a bad quality but surely are boring. I usually ignore them. Although once I bought a shirt in walmart and it serves me for many years :)

19. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I personally don't like clothes in supermarkets at all. They tend to be poorly made and the cuts are way too shapeless for what I go for, which is beautifully cut detail in the style of say Zara. The jeans are usually horrible. The few times I've seen something I like in store like Tesco, the sizing has been off. I just can't work them out at all, so I'll pass. The shoes never fit me.

20. Grace Simmons

Grace SimmonsNew Member

Threads:
    Yes you are right. I always recommend not to buy clothes from any supermarket. Always prefer a clothing store, boutique or a branded clothing store.