Buying clothes through Amazon

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Sweetkymom • Oct 22, 2014.

1. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    It never crossed my mind ever to shop for clothes at Amazon. I've always bought toys, books, electronics but never clothes. This morning I can say I can add clothes to that list. I ordered a pair of khaki pants. I bought them through a company that I already buy clothes from so it worked out great. I even used my amazon Giftcard on them. I will now give them a shot at buying clothes since I get tons of amazon cards to begin with.

2. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I never bought clothes through Amazon before. I have bought shoes from here a few years ago. They were tennis shoes and the fit was great. I am a little reluctant to buy pants from here. I always have the biggest issues with finding a pair of pants that actually fit me when I do go to the physical location of the store. However, I have had some good luck with getting tops from online outlets. Amazon has an abundance of 3rd party sellers with great options and inventory. Since you have amazon cards to use, I say give it a shot.

3. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    I would be too afraid to buy clothes from Amazon. I never purchase clothing online in fear that it won't fit or look as cute in person. If it works for you however then go for it! I realize that a lot of companies offer returns for refunds, but paying the shipping to return an item seems like a waste to me.

4. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't buy any clothes online unless I have gone into the store to try on the said clothes, and have down the exact size, brand type, cloth item, etc etc. I just don't feel confident enough in my choices, and knowing me I'd probably end up sending them back because they didn't fit well or something.

If it's something that's 1 size fits all then it's a whole 'nother thing, but at this point I'd rather just walk into the store and try on the clothes myself :)

5. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have never purchased anything online as I think it is really a trouble when it does not fit you and you end up having to replace it. It is even more worser of the size that you are looking for is also sold the time you decided to replace it.

6. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I've never looked for clothes on amazon either. I'm going to give it a try tonight. I'd love to find a great deal on something new. They usually have great prices for everything else so I don't know why clothes would be any different. Thanks for the idea.

7. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest, I have only ever been vaguely aware of the clothes that you can buy at amazon. I have never paid them any attention, perhaps because I very rarely buy clothes over the internet. In fact, I have only ever bought a few t-shirts from an eco-company that uses all natural materials in their production, and that gives a part of their proceeds to the farmers in the third world countries where the materials were produced.

8. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I have purchased most of my dance clothes through Amazon. They have really great deals on Capezio which is my favorite brand for leotards. They also have great deals on tights and I even found an amazing white tutu for a costume I needed at a great price. I think they are a great place to go for clothes you are already somewhat familiar with.

9. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I've never bought clothes through Amazon personally, but recently I've been planning on it. My only problem with buying clothes.. not just on Amazon, but online in general, I don't know exactly how they're going to fit if it's a brand I'm unfamiliar with.

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not just referring to Amazon. Buying clothes online is, in general, a risky endeavor and it can be such a hassle too. You never know whether that item you bought has hidden defects or fits you just fine. Size issues are common as well as missing buttons, wrong colors and what not. Even if they have a return and exchange policy, imagine the agony of reporting your complaint, sending the item back and waiting ages to receive the replacement, hoping against hope they get it right this time.

11. NatetheGrate

NatetheGrateNew Member

Threads:
    Right! Try on the clothes first before buying them, sight unseen, from any website!