Buying Diapers - What Do You Look For?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Jason76 • Dec 19, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Do you prefer cloth or disposable? What brand is the highest quality in your opinion? What is the cheapest - regardless of price? What is the best bargain? Do you all have more than one answer?

Anyway, the obvious pitfall of cloth is that it has to be washed and it maybe it would take a lot of soap. However, the price of disposable might be some chemical rash and/or danger to the environment.

2. BMT1014

BMT1014Member

Threads:
    Hi Jason,
    I usually used cloth on a day to avoid rashes and I used a high quality diaper at night. When I tried to use a diaper to my baby in a whole day, he suffered from diaper rashes and skin irritations. My baby's skin is so sensitive that's why I buy multiple absorbent diapers which are expensive. I'm not saying that cheaper diaper is bad. It's just so happened that my baby's skin is sensitive. My friend is very lucky because her baby is not too sensitive to diapers. She used a cheap diaper for her baby and it was really great. She can save extra money.

3. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I like motherease, It is doesn't leak like a disposable diaper but it is reusable! It felt like you are using a branded disposable diaper like Huggies or Pampers minus the waste of money and harm to the environment. It is reusable and durable. So you will be saving a lot of money. You can just scrape the excrement and clean it in washing machine.

4. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I am glad to have learned about the motherease cloth diapers. I even searched for photos and I have seen them before. I will use this for my child when I become a mother.

The disposable diapers are really costly I must admit. I remember my sister used to burn and get rashes on her butt when she was still a toddler. So we used reusable nappies* on her.

5. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I tried different brands of disposable diapers until I settled with one that did not cause rashes and was really absorbent. The brand was Huggies. It wasn't as expensive as Pampers Dry but it was just as effective in keeping him dry. My son wore disposable diapers the whole day on his first year. He was a happy baby who slept soundly the whole night because he never had to be disturbed when he pees. That and the fact that we never had to deal with mess made the disposables worth for us.

6. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    The one thing that will definitely never change for me is the price, of course, but these days there is a lot more to pay attention to. I would find a good and affordable brand that works and just stick with that.

7. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    My wife delivered our baby in November, my son has one month now and we are the happiest parents in the world. We are using the disposable diapers, and at the beginning, we used the Pampers brand but my baby was we almost every night, now we are using the "HAPPY" brand!

8. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    There are a number of things to look for when buying a diaper. One thing is the price and how many diapers you get in one Another is if the diapers are resuable, this would be a big most to many parents. If it is a bit pricey and not too resuable or durable then chances are it is not worth the money.

9. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    I would say huggies and motherease both are trust worthy.