Buying Exercise Equipments

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by luri • Aug 17, 2017.

1. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Do you spend money on exercise equipments such as treadmill, exercise bike etc.I think spending money on exercise equipment is just a waste of money. Why do you need a treadmill when you can go for a jogging which is as healthy as walking on a treadmill bur cost no money?

2. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    @luri@luri I agree with you on this, I mean instead of buying an exercise bike, why won't I just buy a real bike and go biking outdoors right? Instead of buying a treadmill why won't I just buy some running shoes and just run outdoors? At least I might meet other people who likes biking and jogging too.

#2Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2017
  3. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    As for me, and my house, I wouldn't consider buying exercise equipment a waste of money. Why go outside to jog over 4km, while I can achieve the same from the comfort of my house? Why go biking outside, while I can do it , while watching my favorite program? In short, buying exercise equipment brings about a lot of convenience. Having the equipment at your disposal, also ensures that you can work with them at time that you please.

Having exercise equipment, also ensures that your fitness schedule is not affected by vagaries of nature such as heavy rainfall or storms.

4. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I don't like cardiovascular equipment cause I like fresh air and nature, Nonetheless, on a machine, you would be able to understand exactly how many calories you burned. Also, you might be able to know exactly how far you go.

Anyway, it's a no-brainer that jogging is free while equipment must be bought or access to it must be bought (gym membership).

5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    That's the kind of thing I'm never gonna spend my money on... Never! :p. Even though I don't like to go, I would always have to go to the gym. It's more effective and cheaper.

6. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I like the gym for working out the upper body and jogging for the lower body and/or cardiovascular.

7. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with @NicholasMukuha@NicholasMukuha. I have an exercise bike in my home which we bought a year back. Although I am into Yoga now I will constantly ride that bike. We decided to buy the bike because it would save time from going to a gym, second, you can have your own schedule of when to exercise and you can do that whenever you want. So it is a one-time investment and I don't think it is a waste of money.

8. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think some people have the anxiety things going on like Agoraphobia-which is the fear of leaving your home or having panic attacks in certain situations. I think these indoor workout equpment are great for some people-and others they like fresh air-and going to the park to exercise. I like getting out sometimes or as much as I can-just to get out of the house-but other times you do get stuck in the house for one reason or another?

9. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    Buying an exercise equipment never really crossed my mind. For one, they are really expensive and bulky too, plus I don't have enough space to begin with. It is more practical to just do some sit ups and push ups or maybe jogging than to buy one. It's much better to spend my extra money on a much important thing than these exercise equipment.

10. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    That's a good choice. :cool:

Those types of exercises are very good and practicing them in the gym ensures their effectiveness. This is a mistake of the people who practice them at home.

11. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    This is a little bit funny but there is actually some element of truth in it. Buying exercise equipment is really good but there are some I consider to be a complete waste of money.

It all boils down to the cost and what the person can afford. If it's a gadget one can easily afford without feeling the financial burden of purchasing the equipment, why not buy it and be in the comfort of your home and exercise? Personally, I think it's all about choice.

12. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I didn't buy any exercise equipment, as you mentioned, not only they are expensive, but also we can have other ways to exercise too. I would prefer to go jogging in the park. But I think it might be different for some people, as having the treadmill might tell us how we are doing. I am not a person who knows much about fitness, so I am not sure if there are other benefits of the exercise equipment.

13. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Well not all places are "jogging friendly", and sometimes people don't have time to go to a certain place to jog, so it's more convenient for them to just buy a treadmill. My bro used to buy exercise equipment, but he never really used them.

14. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I don't have any kind of exercise equipment as I don't have a lot of space to keep them in. Although I do own a yoga mat which I use frequently. I prefer walking briskly than spending time or money on special equipment such as treadmill or the exercise bike. But then, to each his own. Whoever likes and can afford them, it is a good investment for them. If they are used regularly for exercising, then it is a good investment and is sure to get good returns on it in terms of fitness.

15. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    This is something I would consider buying if and when I have a large storage and a huge house and a large family. It might work out cheaper for a family of seven (2 adults and five children) to have some gym equipment at home rather than paying for gym membership for everyone. On the other hand, for a single person, this might be unnecessary spending. Gym equipment are rather costly. And if you have a tiny apartment, then buying or storing gym equipment is out of the question. So yes, if I have the means and the space, this is something I can consider. Otherwise, for now, I will pass :)

16. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I'm very tempted to buy an exercise bike but many people have told me it's a waste of money and that I will get bored with it after a short while. I like the thought of it especially as now my granddaughter is getting older I will not be walking her to school soon. It was quite a walk and used to keep me fit. I notice that during the school holidays I put on a little extra weight so I think it would be a good idea for me.