Buying eyewear

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Oakster • Mar 11, 2014.

1. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    Do you guys ever find good deals on prescription glasses?
    The best I've found so far is buying the lenses and not paying for the frames, but that's still really expensive. Are there ever deals on lenses or is that just not done?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is an online site Zenni Optical that has really good prices on the frames. You pick out the frame, send them your prescription and within a week you have your new glasses. My daughter at one time purchased 3 pairs of glasses for less than $150. I looked at and will be purchasing new glasses from Zenni next week and what I usually pay $250 for I am getting for $75.

3. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I have a lot of vision issues and need a lot of "extras" in my prescription so I really haven't found a way to save money in this area. The only thing I do is only buy the lenses and wait to get new frames until my current ones are just too worn out.

4. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm afraid eyeglasses are one of the few areas where I will NEVER save money. I have really bad eyesight and my lenses have to be specially made and because they are so thick only certain types of frames are able to accommodate them and they are very expensive. The pair I'm wearing now cost me £180 and I bought a special pair for playing football in (think Edgar Davids) and they cost me £150.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been using the same eyeglasses for many years now, and it's also my 1st one, so I guess the need has not yet arisen yet where I would be needing a new pair of eyeglasses. I think you can get a discount for the frames over here if you buy them during mall sales, but that's about it. I only have a low grade as of now, so buying a pair of prescription glasses doesn't cost much.