Buying food and drinks online?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by dieselfit • Jan 18, 2014.

1. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    Some of you guys may find it weird when someone asks about this. Buying food and drinks is quite possible from the internet. I don't mean ordering a pizza through online delivery. I mean actually buying something that is a food/drink and getting it shipped to your house. It's quite possible. It's no different than buying the products from the supermarkets locally because it's doing the same thing as they are doing: importing food/drinks. That being said, there are some products that are cheaper when bought online since there's no really middle man. What do you think, would you or have you bought anything like that online?

2. qaximor

qaximorNew Member

Threads:
    I do order pizza online usually weekly If I am lazy to cook or when I don't have any cash with me I pay using paypal. And I set up a monthly deleviry with Amazon to send me 30 packets of noodles a month so I am now stacked with noodle packets haha! I don't need to go to a super market anymore :)

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The closest I've come is ordering delivery of foods from the farms around here. I also have one place that I use quite regularly now; they sell items the farms don't have and I can't find anywhere else. They carry items from the next province over that are hard to find and deliver for free. Pretty awesome. I've pretty much completed my goal of cutting out candy stores (oops.. I mean grocery stores lol) altogether. I can't think of anything else I need one for. The only people I give my money to now are people that deserve it.

4. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Never bought any food online other than ordering pizzas. The reason is because it takes too long for them to get delivered. Usually when I want food, it's something that I want immediately or fast. Ordering them online and have them delivered to me via the mail just takes too long.

5. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    Of course when we want something, we don't want to wait. But if we can just think ahead it can be useful. For example you know a week or two from now you'll be wanting some food perhaps snacks or something. So you order it, you go on with your life and unexpectedly you'll get the food delivered to your house. If I'm short on something, I'll know now and I'll order ahead of time so I don't have to sit around complaining about how long it's going to take. So sometimes planning is a good thing!

6. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I don't really buy food online. But if I must, I would probably buy like a wholesale food deal. Or probably some coupons to some good restaurants.

7. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't done it yet but I have thought about it. If I can get it cheaper AND get it delivered to my front door, then why not? I'm certainly considering trying it.

8. Carles

CarlesMember

Threads:
    I had a friend who once ordered a whole box of Pop Tarts on Amazon because they were only 9 cents per package, but he didn't like the flavor he got so he gave a bunch of them to me.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I wouldn't rely on it for the items that I prefer to choose myself such as bread, fruits, and vegetables, but I do use it for the extras such as packaged goods. I think it's very convenient and since packaged items are sealed, I don't worry that much when other people are handling it. I'd recommend it to anyone especially since you already will save so much since the price of delivery pretty much equals what you would spend on gas and also this way you'd at least get to save your time and just do other things in the meantime as you wait for your goods.

10. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah I don't think many people order perishables such as bread or fruits online. It's possible though, I know certain supermarkets who offer this. Basically it's a normal supermarket but you can order online, where the store's personnel gets everything on your list and brings it to you. So you get the same quality but this does cost a bit more.

But like I said, I'm certainly considering amazon for items where I don't have to worry about the use by date.