Buying food on Amazon

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Stephanie • Apr 20, 2012.

1. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    While I have never bought food from Amazon in the past, I have to admit that it wouldn't be something that I would be opposed to doing. The reason I would buy it is because they do have really good prices on things and it would be non-perishable items. The reason I haven't done it is because I have a warehouse club membership that I like to use for my bulk items.

2. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    There is an herbal seasoning I like that is sometimes hard to find that I have ordered from Amazon. If you're looking for an item like that, and can order enough to get the free shipping it might be worth it. However, it's too easy to get stuff cheaper in person from places like Big Lots or even the big box stores and discount clubs. It really depends on how much you need and how often you shop.

3. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    If you're trying to eat healthy and want to have lots of fruits and vegetables, you should check into CSA programs at area farmer's markets. Keep in mind it will mean being disciplined and eating what is in season, trying new foods, and putting more planning into your meals. You could spend about $75 every other week at a farmer's market getting the produce share box and supplement that with things like onions, garlic, potatoes, rice and pasta and eat quite well.