Buying From Ebay?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Fashionista • Jul 29, 2012.

1. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I just bought from Ebay yesterday. A new badass PSU for my comp. Should be here by Monday. The transaction is officially completed. Just waiting for a tracking number now. Expedited shipping chosen. So I've bought from Ebay so far three times this year with no troubles. Looking for four. As a new ebay buyer, I'm pretty impressed. Considering the two disasters I've had with Amazon.com last winter, and last fall.

2. trendchaser

trendchaserMember

Threads:
    I am continous buyer on ebay and everything has been good till now. You can also check ebay buyer protection and that will help you to understand what to do in case of issues..

3. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    I used eBay a lot until i got my account suspended because some idiot reported i didn't transfered him a domain name i sold, although i totally did. And now they want me to contact their support and stuff, but only by phone and at certain hours. So I dropped eBay forever.

4. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I didn't even know you could sell domains on Ebay! Wow, thanks for the tip! Sorry to hear your experience didn't work out though.

5. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    My husband used to collect magazines. He would buy a ton of them from eBay which would have cost quite a bit of money from the store. However, the cost of these is rather low when compared to some of the stores he was able to shop at for these.

6. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a regular eBay shopper, and it really all depends on how well you are at spotting the honest sellers from the fraudulent ones. My main rule is never (well... almost never) to buy from those not rated as a Top Seller. Also, I check their feedback from the last 6 months for any negative ones. More than 5 in 6 months is a big no-no for me.

That said, I regularly buy video games from there, and they're all working splendidly.

7. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I sometimes don't buy from top sellers and take a chance on people who have sold a few items, but have positive feedback if the price is right. I have had some really good experiences buying from people who are not top sellers. You just have to look at their feedback and assess the risk really.

8. melissa

melissaMember

Threads:
    My life is Ebay lol I do most of my shopping on it and all of my holiday shopping. Its the only place I can find things I cant get here. I usually get great deals but there are alot of things I pay extra for because its not available in Canada. For example my don has an in the night garden bedroom and ITNG merchandise really isnt sold here. So the brits know what to charge us :) I dont mind though becasue im getting something i know not many kids have.

9. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    You shouldn't. It's dangerous. I never buy from someone who has a feedback score under 90%. As far as I'm concerned. 80% is pushing it. But once you get into that 75% and down range, it's the danger zone big time. Especially considering some of those sellers have a no return policy. So not only will you get a piece of merchandise that could be broken or non-functional, but you also will be out of your money.

10. Mama2three

Mama2threeMember

Threads:
    I buy plenty of items online, many of which have been on eBay. I won't buy electronics there, though, since I know there's too big of a risk of receiving it broken or not working. Even with things like clothing, I try not to get my hopes up of receiving an item in great condition, even if it's listed as such. People's views of good/great condition vary greatly on sites like eBay.

11. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Electronics on Ebay are okay as long as you buy from a good and top rated seller. I actually am looking at ordering a flatscreen tv from Ebay pretty soon. As for clothes. Well, I have a rule about clothes that you should always buy them from a store because you have to try them on to see if they fit. Or the color you thought would look good on you might not. The only thing clothing wise I've ever bought online was those beach shoes with the pull string in the back. And that's because I know what colors I like and what size I wear.

12. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    I have bought everything from a cell phone to a horse saddle and yes even clothes from EBay and have had great service. The key is to shop, that's right, you have to shop around on EBay just as much as you would online or in the store. Search for the item you want and then shop around the options. You'll want to research the seller, read comments and reviews, check their rating from EBay/users, and make sure they have a return policy. I like to buy from those who offer the "Buy Now" feature so I don't have to go through the bidding process. I also like to buy from EBay members who have an actual EBay store and are not simply posting some garage sale item they couldn't sell at home.

Another tip is to buy what you already know is what you want. Meaning? If you love the shorts you purchased at the department store, search for them on EBay. You'll most likely find them at a better price! People will actually buy them up when they're on sale and then re-sell them. Sometimes people buy the wrong size and sell it on EBay instead of taking it back to the store. Just make sure the item is new and has the tags on it or the tag comes with it.

13. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    I bought a couple of vintage dresses and some baby things on ebay. It's safe to shop here, but just make sure to check the seller's rating and feedback. If the rating is high, then it's pretty safe to buy. And if you can, always pay through paypal, it's just safer that way.

14. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    I have been buying from ebay for the last 8 years, I've never faced any problems. The thing about ebay is that it cares about its buyers so you don't have to worry about anything. Of course you need to be cautious so buy from a seller who has been selling for quite time and has a great rating accumulated from hundreds or thousands of buyers.

15. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I've ordered from Ebay countless times and have never had a problem. Just make sure the things you order have a good shipping service with tracking. And sometimes you have to check and see where the item is located, because I have ordered things and I waited for almost 3 weeks and realized it came from China. And sometimes their things are really cheap and not that good. But they do have some things that are cool.

16. Deana

DeanaNew Member

Threads:
    I couldn't survive without ebay! I love it. Whenever I want or need something, I check ebay first.

I bought a queen size Tempur-pedic mattress from ebay and saved over a thousand dollars. I buy bulk items like socks for my girls because they go through them so quickly. I buy books and Christmas gifts. My favorite things to buy are As Seen on TV products, especially ones that require you to join and pay monthly for items. Usually I can find a trial amount on ebay first to see if I like it before I commit. I buy used clothes for the girls too--that way they can have higher priced clothing that I wouldn't normally be able to afford.

I've only ever had one issue selling and one issue buying. One guy tried to say I didn't send something, but I had the delivery confirmation receipt so I was fine. One time I didn't get what I ordered. Paypal refunded the money after a short dispute. For as much as I use it, it's worked well. Like others have said, buy from people who have the highest number possible and the closest to 100% feedback as possible.

17. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    That delivery confirmation is a lifesaver against shady buyers who try to get the purchase for free. Basically that's the game, they say they didn't get the package and then get a refund from ebay. Then you're out the money and the item.

18. CinnamonBear

CinnamonBearNew Member

Threads:
    We buy quite a lot of products on eBay, and we've never had the slightest problem with either the products or the sellers. The trick, however, is to know exactly what you're looking for, and to buy from sellers with reputable feedback.

Having said that, I must admit that I'm wary of buying some electronics on eBay because I prefer getting a warranty on big ticket items; that's why we tend to buy these products at the larger department stores.

I'm also wary of buying clothing on eBay, unless I'm really sure of the fit; this is especially true of shoes. The main thing is to make sure that the seller has a return policy; otherwise, you could be stuck with an expensive piece of clothing that doesn't fit!

19. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Electronics are fine to buy on ebay. I've bought many and will buy more. In fact, I am looking at buying some gummi headphones (JVC) brand in the near future. As long as the seller has a high rating, it's all good. That's really all this boils down to. That's why the rating system exists. So it can make the buying experience an easy and smooth one. If you choose to ignore the rating and buy from poorly rated sellers, that's on you really.

20. ridwan sameer

ridwan sameerNew Member

Threads:
    Make sure your buyer is a reputated seller and has positive feedback.. usually you look for a seller rated 97%+ Rated one :)