Buying From Ebay?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Fashionista • Jul 29, 2012.

1. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Yep. This is what I tell everyone. Just check for the top rated seller tag next to their ebay profile. It's really simple. I think some people get desperate because the item they want is not being sold by a top rated seller. But a middle of the road or lower seller. That's really a niche issue though. Because everyone comes to ebay looking to buy different things. Sometimes the top-rated sellers aren't available in that particular niche.

2. Robert E.

Robert E.New Member

Threads:
    I buy and sell on Ebay. I haven't had any problems yet. I was under the assumption that there is a buyer protection program in place so you can have that extra confidence in purchasing merchandise. I don't like to assume things, so I'm going to go look into that. As a seller, I know the importance of having a good rating in order to accomplish more sales. I would go great lengths to please my buyers in order to get that 5-stars. This leads me to believe that all sellers are forced to maintain good customer relations in order to be successful in the long term. Of course, if a seller has 0 ratings then I will avoid them at all costs. The rating system is your friend. :)

3. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    I always check on Ebay when I'm looking for a good deal! I don't stick around for the auctions though. I like to use the "Buy Now" feature and purchasing from those who have stores set up on Ebay. They almost always have the best prices for the items, but watch out on the shipping (it might not be the cheapest option). I recently bought a cell phone on Ebay and it arrived on time, brand new, and with an option for a warranty. I've bought music CD's from Hong Kong several times and like "Nick2011" said,they arrived late, but they did get here! Shop around on Ebay and check prices and compare sellers just like you would offline, use a method of payment such as PayPal, and be cautious. Good luck and have fun!

4. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

I just recently started selling on Ebay. So far, I have my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figure collection up for sale, a panasonic 4 head hifi VCR, and some indie horror films on DVD. Got an offer for the TMNT action figures. $40 bucks. Waiting for a better offer. I currently have them up for BUY at $180. With bidding starting at $80.

5. fishyfinz

fishyfinzMember

Threads:
    I bought a phone from ebay and I have to say that it was a good deal. I got the phone sent to my home within 4 days. I have to admit that I was a little apprehensive about buying a phone online for the first time. But the phone was in fantastic condition for being a second-hand and it still works perfectly. You can't always be sure about how genuine the seller will turn out to be when you make purchases on ebay but there are quite a few honest sellers; who won't cheat you with regards to price or the condition of the product.

6. CuriousJ

CuriousJNew Member

Threads:
    I understand where you're coming from. I was a bit hesitant before my first purchase on eBay too.

To be honest, as long as you buy from Top Rated sellers and/or sellers who have 99.3% positive feedback or more, you'll be fine. eBay is actually a very safe site for shopping. The fact that you HAVE to pay through PayPal is also an excellent security measure. You can easily get your money back if something goes wrong by filing a dispute with PayPal.

Keep in mind though, there are quite a lot of counterfeit items on eBay, especially when it comes to electronics. I usually avoid buying anything that ships from China and Hong Kong (even if the seller is top rated/has 99.3% positive feedback or more).

7. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I love eBay shopping! I never worry about what I'm purchasing because if it is not exactly what the seller describes I know I can get my money back. So far I have no problem and have never requested a refund. The key is to be sure to read the description well so you know what you are buying.

8. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    If I want to buy something I always check the completed listings on eBay first to see what the item sold for previously. This way I know that I'm not bidding too high. I also check on Amazon because sometimes an item can be cheaper there. I have bought electrical items, clothes, books, DVDs and jewellry from ebay without any problems.

9. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I've purchased many items from ebay. Definitely like what others have been saying, try to look for that 99-100% rating. Not only that, but read the reviews. I find that some customers can be really upset giving low ratings for little reasons. For example, someone can give a seller a 1 because the item was late. But then you see later that there was some sort of disaster like a flood or a strike, which is completely out of the seller's hands. So I suggest always reading the negative comments and checking the ratings. :)

10. mylindaelliott

mylindaelliottNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have shopped on ebay on and off for a long time. Sellers on ebay have ratings. The sellers with very good ratings work very hard to keep them in the top two to five per cent (95% to 98%. I typically look at their ratings before I buy. If their ratings are low I do not buy from them. I have never, at this point, gotten something that I did not expect or in bad condition. Like I said I am very strict about who I buy from.