Buying Games and Movies

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by RaidAurora • Mar 12, 2014.

1. RaidAurora

RaidAuroraMember

Threads:
    Where do you go to get your games and movies on the cheap? Do you buy movies? Do you buy games?

I'm pretty sure we can't advocate illegal practices so keep the suggestions legal. c:

I personally go to Walmart, as much as I dislike the store, and check out their 5 dollar bin. I've found some real treasures in there, like a 5 dollar copy of Dune on blu-ray which I was very satisfied with. If you're lucky, you can probably find a copy of Space Jam.

2. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Local stores that sell them. I buy Blu Ray movies all the time and also games all the time. These days I don't visit these stores as much anymore. Out of convenience, I have started buying movies and games digitally from their official online stores. I don't have the free time to go to stores anymore even though I prefer physical copies.

3. RaidAurora

RaidAuroraMember

Threads:
    Do you get them at discount or do you buy them new? I try to avoid spending money on new media products when I can avoid it.

4. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    I play my games on PC, so I generally buy my games online. And from online, I mean the steam store where you can buy the games at a very low price. I try to buy all my games during the steam sales because it is at that time when you get the best discounts on the most popular titles. And I generally do not buy movies, because I watch them on netflix.

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    I get all my computer games from Steam. I pay and I can download it straight away, no need to wait for a disc to arrive in the mail. Also, as long as I don't lose the account, I can reinstall the game whenever I want to without finding the disc which is probably covered in dust somewhere in a dark corner.

They also have great sales and most of the time you can get a decent reduction from the price of the game if you are willing to wait for a while. Definitely worth considering for all your gaming needs.

6. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Cash converters is the best priced place I've found in the UK. Cex isn't far behind either though. Both of these stores are better than any of the main movie of game retailers such as Gamestation of blockbuster. I buy some of my newer games from steam though, as it'[s usually the cheapest place to buy major new releases.

7. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I get my movies, and video gmaes from Amazon.com. Amazon has the cheapest prices on everything. Simply because they host so many discount outlets, and with free 2 day shipping i save even more.

8. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I got my games from my local game games shop, but mostly from friends. We sometimes trade games, if we don't like the game, we just gave them away. I also like buying secondhand games rather than new ones, they're a lot cheaper. But when it comes games that I really like, I buy them right off the shelf. I rarely download games because I have a slow internet connection, it take me forever to download a full game.

9. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I buy all my games on Steam which always has great discounts, I buy them faster than I can play them so there's never any need to buy them at full price.
    As for movies, I don't really buy any, I just DVR them on TV when they are on and if there is something I REALLY want to watch then I'll go to the cinema.

10. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not interested in games but I buy quite a few movies every month, generally on e-bay. I always find what I need there, and as I am not in a hurry, I wait until I see a movie that I want for the right price. Usually I get them around $5-$15 including postage fees. I have tried amazon but it turned out to be too expensive to have them shipped to Australia. I know that there are other good and cheap sites for movies on the internet, but I still have to do some more research on that.