Buying garlic

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Gelsemium • Aug 7, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love garlic, it's one of my favorite foods even if I use it mostly for seasoning. Even though I use it quite a lot, it annoys me that the packages in which they are sold are so big, this most of the times means that some of them will actually go bad before I actually need to use it. Is this happening with you too? Don't you think garlic packages are too big, even the smaller ones?

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Around here garlic is sold in either bags or per piece (head). I put a few garlic heads in a plastic bag, weight it, stamp the price and later pay. Buying per piece as opposed to buying a bag results in a better price also. It's weird to hear that garlic is sold only in bags in your area - here I can buy almost anything in just the quantity and amount I want.

3. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That sounds way more reasonable, I'd love to buy garlic per piece or buy the head, but unfortunately all that there is for sale is a bad with 5 or 6 heads and I can't consume them fast enough, so at least one or two get damaged. I don't get why they don't sell by piece like with you, more profit for them I imagine.